What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Adventure, YA - Boy lives in one of seven great houses, ever leaving his territory in fear of getting mauled by the Trows. Eventually he leaves and finds out the truth about everything.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Len (new)

Len (8thgradeauthor) | 2 comments Adventure and finding yourself; The book is about this boy who is part of this house made by one of I think 7 big swordsmen, (he mainly represented the moon), and he's the weakest of all the boys, but he finds the founders dagger and gets courage to venture out into the fields with these monsters called the Trows, and the Trows eat literally any meat they come across. He ventures out with this girl he starts to like, stuff happens, then at one point he needs to fight one of the other tribes and his brother is a huge baby and he has to do it. I read this a few years back, not sure when exactly. There were mountains on the cover.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37760 comments Mod
Len, please add genre and plot details to your header (sounds like this is fantasy)?

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jan 28, 2020 10:46AM) (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Len, I notice your post is marked Solved. Is Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud - Rosa's suggestion - your book?

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments Len?

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments Yo, Len! It's considered polite to confirm or deny books, and say thank you. So is that it?

message 7: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1171 comments One of the reviews mentions the Trows, so I'd say that's definitely it.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments Len?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heroes of the Valley (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jonathan Stroud (other topics)