What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Lesson in Passion (Lesson, #1)
This topic is about A Lesson in Passion
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult time travel romance series where modern woman gets stuck in a new romance novel each book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breanna (new)

Breanna Durrett | 2 comments Help! I'm trying to find an adult romance book series I was reading around 2013-2015 if I remember correctly. It starts with a modern girl going on vacation, her friend gives her romance novels as a joke but she ends up reading them because she gets sick and is stuck in her hotel room. Something happens- I think a car accident? - and all of a sudden she's living in these different romance novels.

Each book in the series is a different romance novel that she lives in. I don't know if it's technically considered time travel, because she's not actually traveling back in time for real, it's assumed that everything is happening in her head. Every book she has a different name and she looks different because she's a different "character," but I think her real name is Katie? I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure the first book is a highland romance, some of the other ones are a historical (old english, classic french) and a couple western ones. I'm not sure which order they go in. But basically when the "story" she's in is complete, she goes to the beginning of another romance novel. She learns how to play along with the story in order to finish the "story." After several times falling in love though, it starts to take its toll on her and she becomes depressed because she's worried she'll never leave. I think there are 6-8 books in the series?

Please help me find it!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Breanna, the Lesson series by Jennifer Connors seems to match your description. The first book is A Lesson in Passion.

Google search - site:www.goodreads.com fantasy romance series trapped "romance novels" highlander western

Does the same hero appear in each of the romance novels throughout this series?

Can you tell us more about the heroine (e.g., age, her job/skills, employer, hometown, marital status, family/friends, rich)?

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 251 comments A long-shot since it's YA, but the Unbound trilogy has some matches even though it's classical novels she goes into and not necessarily strict romances

A Breath of Eyre is the first one

message 4: by Breanna (new)

Breanna Durrett | 2 comments Actually, it IS the Lesson Series by Jennifer Connors!! Thank you so much! I spent hours searching but I guess I just didn't type in the right things. Thanks!!

message 5: by Kris (last edited Feb 03, 2020 03:07PM) (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Great. Glad we could help, Breanna. It was a tricky search -- combining your clues "highlander" and "western" was the key. Fun concept for a romance series.