Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > February 2020 SGoM: African-American Romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jan 27, 2020 04:15PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments February's Sub-genre of the Month is:
                 ♥ African-American Romance
            AFRICANAMERICAN ROMANCE

♥ African-American Romance: The African-American Romance genre promises sexy, emotional, heartfelt, and romantic stories that reflect the values and dreams of African-American culture.

Listopia:
African American Romance
African-American Romantic Comedy
Black Love

And many more...

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (last edited Feb 18, 2020 05:03AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'll read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne.

Edit: Read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne and it didn't seem like it was African American Romance, even though I found it on one of the Listopia lists Phoenix mentioned, so I'm going with a tried and true African American author and reading Alyssa Cole's Sweet to the Taste and Let It Shine. Sweet to the Taste by Alyssa Cole Let It Shine by Alyssa Cole

message 4: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Feb 07, 2020 01:39PM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee Haven't read this author is some time.

The Pleasure Trap by Niobia Bryant The Pleasure Trap by Niobia Bryant

message 5: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Haven't read this author is some time.

The Pleasure Trap by Niobia BryantThe Pleasure Trap by Niobia Bryant"

So I finished my read and was a bit disapoined. I audio read and didnt' think the narration did the book justice. It could have been better but predictable. Could only give it modestly 3-Stars.

message 6: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee ⚜️Trea wrote: "I'll read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren LayneIrresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne.

Edit: Read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren LayneIrresistibly Yours by Lauren ..."

Hi Trea...very interested in how you liked the stories.

message 7: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "⚜️Trea wrote: "I'll read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren LayneIrresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne.

Edit: Read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne..."

Irresistibly Yours wasn't bad...but not great either. Sweet to the Taste was a very short erotic romance...wasn't expecting that one! Was good, but hated the brevity! Haven't finished Let It Shine yet...

message 8: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "⚜️Trea wrote: "I'll read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren LayneIrresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne.

Edit: Read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne..."

Let It Shine wasn't bad...shifted too abruptly for my tastes, so the ending felt rushed. It was interesting, though!