Mount TBR 2020 discussion

Mount Blanc (24 books) > Kelly's Inaugural Mountain Climbing Extravaganza

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Schnorrbusch Ladies & Gentlemen,
Boys & Girls,
Children of all ages (over 13 because this is the internet)...

If I call this an extravaganza, it's sounds more fun!

I am here because I like to buy books and the ones I want to read get pushed further down the pile. In an effort to get around to those I keep saying I want to read but never do, I will be tackling a fraction of my 1500 books. Full disclosure, in an article from The Atlantic in 2012, Mount Blanc was deemed to have the highest fatality rate of all European mountains. YIKES! Here's hoping that I'll successfully climb it.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria | 35 comments YIKES indeed! 😂 As a fellow Blanc attempter, I'm a little nervous now... But you know what? I still think we can make it. Welcome, and good luck on the climb!!

message 3: by superawesomekt (new)

superawesomekt | 63 comments no risk, no reward! good luck to both of you and may you conquer the mountain!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Schnorrbusch Maria - I'm sure we'll be fine, so long as we don't get buried under the piles.

Karren - Thank you for the kind words! I am staying positive as my reading goals are usually the only ones I fully follow through with each year!

I have finished 3 books so far from my existing TBR pile:

1. Vampire Loves
2. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
3. Screamland: Death of the Party

I ended up listening the the audiobook copy of Bridget instead of reading this one as book 1 was just OK. I thought listening would make me feel better about the series. I was wrong - very wrong - but at least the book and audio version can be cleared off my shelves. I'm off to a good start, but isn't that always the way?

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Schnorrbusch How is everyone doing with their challenge? I am making some good progress, but don't we all do well with resolutions the first month or two?

4. The Pleasure of My Company
5. Jeff Buckley: From Hallelujah to the Last Goodbye
6. My Favorite Half-Night Stand

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 57 comments Kelly wrote: "How is everyone doing with their challenge? I am making some good progress, but don't we all do well with resolutions the first month or two?"

I'm choosing to believe that my current feverish pace will continue throughout 2020 lol! And so will yours! I declare it! :D

Anyway you're doing great so far! I also have the second Bridget Jones book on my enormous pile. I did like the first one, though, so maybe the second one will go better for me.

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Schnorrbusch I haven't updated in a while, but this Self-Isolation/Working-From-Home thing has its benefits. I am on track to climb this mountain, after all!

7. Lily and the Octopus
8. Slouching Towards Bethlehem
9. Icefall
10.Freckle Juice
11. The Shadow of the Wind

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Schnorrbusch How is everyone doing with their challenge? Are the various lockdown measures helping or hurting your drive to read? It is helping me to read more, but since I've joined some challenges on Litsy, most of this batch are middle grade or YA books that've been on my pile. Here's where I'm at now:

12. The Shrunken Head
13. Dying to Meet You
14. Over My Dead Body
15. Till Death Do Us Bark
16. Frankenstein's Dog
17. Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
18. S.T.A.G.S.
19. Anna and the Swallow Man
20. There's Someone Inside Your House