Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Political Comedy set in the Cold War

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (last edited Jan 27, 2020 04:01PM) (new)

Paul | 3 comments A political comedy set in the Cold War. Kind of Kite Runner meets pulp fiction meets carry on up the Kyber. 125k words

Three stories interlinked combining as one. Its set in the 1950s- 1979 with well known politicians ( UK, Russian, American, Afghan) imagined as their younger selves in the early Cold War leading up to the Russians invasion of Afghanistan in 1978.

The book has overtones of current affairs, true archeological and political events , the great game, Russian/Uk influence in Afghanistan and comedic comparisons of what binds us as people (tea , cricket , DIY, nagging wives, inept husbands, love, compassion, grief , hope, belief .

Id like to get a few read throughs, feedback on if it reads well, can you follow all the plots , likes and dislikes. I would be delighted to send you a free book for your kind feedback.

Many Thanks

Paul

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments 125K seems really long for a debut novel on historical fiction. I'll take a look at the first 10K and give you my thoughts, if you like. If interested, PM me for my email.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul | 3 comments Hi Keith

That would be brilliant.

Extract ready and waiting to send.

Best regards

Paul

message 4: by David (new)

David Wilson | 101 comments Hi, my comments are the same as Keith - seems a bit long but happy to look at first 10K. PM me for my email.

David