Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > And then there were none, Agatha Christie, old title

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Telaina (new)

Telaina | 1 comments Last year I read Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None." I noticed when looking at my book stats, in "books over time" that even though I read a newer edition of the book, it is showing up in books over time as her 1939 title "Ten Little N-words." Normally this would not be a big deal, but since that is a really, really offensive title, I think it should be corrected. I mean if someone actually reads that edition it should be there (bleh), but it shouldn't be showing up for all the editions for "And Then There Were None." Thanks!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments I am not sure why the original title would come up anywhere when you have shelved the edition that you read. Currently that title is only attributed to the editions that were published with it, as far as I can tell. As far as it appearing in your stats, you would have to contact Support or Goodreads Help for site functionality issues.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4677 comments Emily wrote: "I am not sure why the original title would come up anywhere when you have shelved the edition that you read. Currently that title is only attributed to the editions that were published with it, as ..."

I think in stats it will show up under the original title. Removing the original title has been an issue with this book in the past & comes under the heading of removing valid data. When Librarians have removed the title in the past then there is no title in the original title field which makes the stats pretty much useless.