English 9- Period 5 (19-20) discussion

SSR LOG #9

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. Fuentes (new)

Mrs. Fuentes (mrsfuentes) Describe a scene in your book using as much IMAGERY as possible. Make me SEE what is happening in the book!

Jvaldovinos2023 | 6 comments JoAnne felt like there was light in a dark room because she could feel and touch the light

message 3: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Antonio | 10 comments I can see when the girl says that the kids breathe smelled like chili hot dogs and how it smells. I can also see how the kissed cuz I have seen kids before.

message 4: by Erik (new)

Erik | 7 comments They are at a movie theater and there old rust car that was making an errr noise ever time it stoped and moved, they were looking for parking when a guy screamed nice car freak s

message 5: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 9 comments It was a couple of days before Christmas. Charlie's family is out Christmas shopping. It was Charlie, his mother, and his sister. They had gone to four different stores and still couldn't find a gift. Charlie's sister was upset and exhausted. She just wanted to find a present for her secret boyfriend but Charlie was being difficult and extra. Every single store they went to Charlie's sister would just sit and groan/complain. When Charlie finally found a present they had rushed back home, you could hear the snow every time they stepped.

message 6: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 10 comments He was in court getting asked questions. He said that he never been to camp. he was in the heat, sweating. he's family was talking with his family about the curse

message 7: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Carbajal | 8 comments The people of my book is traveling from the west.

message 8: by Jezuz H (new)

Jezuz H | 8 comments I see lots of dirt a camp which looks like a construction zone, a lake which is the size of a small house, bathrooms which are held up by wood and cloth, weather that's hot as a desert.

message 9: by Bryant (new)

Bryant | 3 comments A scene in my book that I saw imagery in was in chapter 4 page 13 when Mr.sir said he can't escape because there's just a dessert

message 10: by Mata (new)

Mata Juan | 10 comments Goldstein's book explains that the purpose of the unwinnable, perpetual war is to consume human labor and commodities so that the economy of a superstate cannot support economic equality, with a high standard of life for every citizen. By using up most of the produced objects like boots and rations, the proles are kept poor and uneducated and will neither realize what the government is doing nor rebel. Goldstein also details an Oceanian strategy of attacking enemy cities with atomic rockets before the invasion but dismisses it as unfeasible and contrary to the war's purpose; despite the atomic bombing of cities in the 1950s, the superstates stopped it for fear that would imbalance the powers.

message 11: by Jaqueline (new)

Jaqueline | 8 comments the girl is looking at him, he's looking down and the girl tries to get her attention and he's just looking down and she started talking to him.

message 12: by Itayetzy (new)

Itayetzy | 7 comments You can tell that Bella likes that her boyfriend Edward is a vampire since he can smell, hear, and move fast without making a sound.So she can spend more time with him without her dad knowing

message 13: by Juan (new)

Juan Nava | 10 comments one scene explains how he got a virus from the meat form the fast food that could dealy when he got bloody diarrhea

message 14: by Alan (new)

Alan | 7 comments In the novel Stanely stood in the shower and let the cold water pour over his hot and sore body, he said it felt like four minutes in heaven