English 9- Period 4 (19-20) discussion

SSR LOG #9

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. Fuentes (new)

Mrs. Fuentes (mrsfuentes) Describe a scene in your book using as much IMAGERY as possible. Make me SEE what is happening in the book!

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ramos | 10 comments What I see is a rundown barrio in Los Angeles and little Mexican kids and people my age. In the chapter, I read they are stopped by some racist cops and charge them for something they didn't do.

message 3: by Xavier (new)

Xavier Lozano | 4 comments The book I read was about how some teens got peer pressured into smoking weed. They get peer pressured so "the other teens don't get rejected. I picture some group of kids forcing some kids to smoke to look cool.

message 4: by Hector (new)

Hector | 3 comments what I saw while reading the book was an Amish putting on her bonnet and taking care of a child. I saw the confused face she made when Indiana jones was mentioned to her.

message 5: by Darwin (new)

Darwin | 7 comments There's a fire station with about four firemen playing poker while two of them talk. One fireman talks about a dream he had about the other spiting quotes from books talking about how knowledge is power and getting angry and how he stayed calm the whole argument about books.

message 6: by Latoya (new)

Latoya | 9 comments what I see is five boys and they are digging because they did something really bad and they have to dig. Also, they are all trying to get a day off but none of them found anything yet.

message 7: by Derek (new)

Derek | 9 comments the think the is happening in my book is the kids the go and stared doing holes they work more than just going to a place where you can just stay in a little room. Also, I don't like the fact they go for mouths to be there working.

message 8: by Paulo (new)

Paulo Santamaria | 5 comments Lo que veo es una experiencia, otra enseñanza de vida, que pasan en diferentes lugares, como ahora, un barrio de Los Ángeles lleno de gangsters, niños y niñas mexicanas

message 9: by Marcos (new)

Marcos | 6 comments the book I'm reading is holes and i can see the pain in his face when he starts digging up holes. you can see his curly hair, his hand all beat up, and how hot it seemed to be out there.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris | 10 comments when a girl was talking to another girl and said it smells like ass. And obviously that's imagery. Another time is when she said his lips felt as warm ass the sunshine. >﹏<>﹏<

message 11: by Angel (new)

Angel Estrada | 7 comments while they were digging holes they Zero was was digging part of Stanley's hole because Zero suggested that if he did Stanley could teach Zero how to read but all the other Armpit, Zigzag, X-ray, and Maget weren't happy because of it.

message 12: by Antonio (new)

Antonio | 9 comments As Clay sees there is a shoebox-sized package on the outside of his house he takes it inside and gets scissors to open it. He goes to the garage to get a stereo to hear the tapes. He puts play and hears Hannah's voice. She starts by mentioning why she ended her life. Clay can't believe and keeps listening. She seems in a normal voice as if nothing has happened to her. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Just as that happened his mom loudly walks in and asks what is he hearing.

message 13: by Jorge (new)

Jorge | 10 comments There is this part in the book when the nurses dressed in all white with a red bow on their hat are taking a mental crazy person that is wearing a grey jumpsuit into the Shock Shop. The Shock Shop is where they put the person that is crazy on a bed and use belts to hold them in place because after that they use these big, metal, balls that electricity passes through them and shocks their brain. The patients start to twitch and move a lot because the electricity is messing up with their neurons in the brain.

message 14: by Luis (new)

Luis | 9 comments A scene in the book "Holes" was when the Warden slapped Mr. Sir. Mr. Sir was driving back from the blazing hot desert where the hole was being dug when he realized that his bag of seeds was missing. He went back and Stanley took the blame for the rest of the guys. They got to the Wardens office were it was very cold compared to the outside. The Warden asked what was going on when Mr. Sir told her she seemed to have gotten bothered. She told Stanley who was sitting down in a wooden chair to bring her bright red nail polish bottle from a desk in another room which was painted pink. She started applying it onto her left freckly hand first then onto the right one. She told Stanley that she used Snake venom to get just the right color on the paint and later slapped Mr. Sir. He was cut and with the snake venom that was on the paint her yelled loudly in pain. He fell to the ground and rolled around.

message 15: by Ana (new)

Ana | 8 comments Mateo and Rufus went to the hospital to visit Mateo's father. Mateo asked for Rufus to stay outside of the room so he could have his time alone with his father. When he walked in the room was silent, the only thing being heard is the low hum of the still warm t.v. He took a seat beside his father. He put his hand under his, feeling the warmth of his hand seep into his. Mateo laid his head on their connected hands, savoring the last moments he will be able to be with his father.

message 16: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 8 comments These senior kids in high school have no idea what college they want to go to. some of them want to just see what happens if they don't go to college. one of them doesn't care at all. one of them know what they want. at the moment they are all over the place and all they want to do is do what they been wanting to do now that they are out school.