English 9- Period 2 (19-20) discussion

SSR LOG #9

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. Fuentes (new)

Mrs. Fuentes (mrsfuentes) Describe a scene in your book using as much IMAGERY as possible. Make me SEE what is happening in the book!

message 2: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 11 comments I can see Luis in blood and dirt, I hear people screaming for there moms. I taste smoke in the air. I feel worried for everyone whos hurt. I taste the mace.

message 3: by Edwin (new)

Edwin | 3 comments There was a part where the 12-year-old Luis Rodriguez says he witnesses a lot of crimes. In my mind, I saw shootings, robbery. gang fights, beatings, arrest, drugs, murder and a lot of more stuff.

message 4: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 9 comments I could feel the hot weather in Camp Green Lake, and I could smell the dirt and see all the holes on the ground. I could also feel how thirsty and tired they are from the hot weather and only having a small amount of water they can drink from.

message 5: by Samuel (last edited Jan 27, 2020 09:50AM) (new)

Samuel | 5 comments I see a student and a professor in a classroom. I hear the student and professor talking. I feel the professor and the student walking around the classroom.

message 6: by Jose (new)

Jose | 7 comments They slept outside under the openness of the desert sky

message 7: by Tonancy (new)

Tonancy Paz | 7 comments They are in the Mexican carnival. The smell of tacos and cotton candy. The laughter of the children on rides. The booths filled with prizes. Parents yelling at there kids to stop running.

message 8: by Angel (new)

Angel | 9 comments In the Hunger Games, I was reading a part where Katniss goes into an underground gymnasium that has multiple training weapons and materials that can be used for survival and traps. Inside the gymnasium, there are multiple areas that replicate a real environment like a forest, desert, etc. There are also different groups of people that stop what they're doing to look at Katniss when she exits the elevator that brought into the gymnasium.

message 9: by Juan (new)

Juan Guevara | 7 comments The scene I stopped on was Sonia as a child. Her family was having a party. All the women were cleaning, cutting, peeling, etc. Sonia takes raw food from all the piles of onion, tomatoes. Some yells " Te vas a enfermar!΅.

message 10: by Ana (new)

Ana | 8 comments I can hear the way the officer slammed Justyce onto the ground, the anger in his voice when he was screaming at him telling him to shut up, I can see the worry on Justyce face as he realized what was going on.

message 11: by Eligio (new)

Eligio | 1 comments In "The book thief" by mark Zusak, I was able to imagine a person knocking at the door while the people in the room were all looking at each other with worried looks on each of their faces. I was able to imagine max covering up under a blanket in fear as the knocking at the door continued and then I was able to imagine the look of relief on the people's faces once they found ou that the person knocking at the door was not a nazi soldier.

message 12: by Luis (new)

Luis | 10 comments There were books falling into Montag's hands, his face filled with guilt, she made the empty rooms roar with accusation and shake down a fine dust of guilt that was sucked in their nostrils as they plunged about. In the dim, wavering light, a page had hung open and it was like a snowy feather, the words delicately painted thereon.
(The scene was from a call to burn books and possibly a house down with it, the call was for the firefighters, Montag)

message 13: by Fatima (new)

Fatima | 8 comments book: Twilight Author: Stephenie Meyer

I can see how cloudy the day is due to the thick fog making it feel like a cage. I can smell the morning breakfast Bella and her dad are having in the diner and also the awkward tensions they have between themselves since they haven't talked much.

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Robles | 11 comments I picture them sitting on a bench on the beach. I can hear the waves crashing on the shore as they catch up on all the things they've missed. I can feel the white sand they grab with their hands.

message 15: by Yael (new)

Yael | 7 comments uno of the scene is when she seed that we have to join the fight but with excitement. but the other guy sends that No! We have to leva here before they kill us and other people but she doesn't understand why we don't join the fight.

message 16: by Emili (new)

Emili Urtiz Guzman | 2 comments i can see her reading the books in her white room against the white walls

message 17: by Arlet (new)

Arlet | 7 comments when I read the book 13 reasons I can see the pain that Hannah baker is in. I can see her in the bathtub filled with blood and her slits cut. I can hear Hannah's mom and dad's sadness.

message 18: by Fernando (new)

Fernando | 10 comments y caminó por las calles de Broadway español lo que los mexicanos llamaban El centro asaltado por las luces de las luces de la mudanza marca la casa de bares de sordidez que presentaba proyecciones continuas de tres o cuatro películas.

message 19: by Vianey (new)

Vianey Bosques | 4 comments from the book, I can envision from the manga well it's manga so there are drawings but from it, I can see the expression on the faces when people in japan discover this new species of animals that seem to just not die at all and they populate quicker than usual and its not normal at all for that

message 20: by Pablo (new)

Pablo Alberto | 7 comments yo les diria mi amis amigos que le yeran este libro por que tiene historias increibles y cosas marrabillosas

message 21: by Fernando (new)

Fernando | 10 comments la Voz de Gloria se extendio por la pequena habitacion con ojos empapdos apenas distingui el cototrno de mi cuerpo de vaters enmarcado por un monton de cajas ropa y cajones abierto incapaz de apartarme senti que un zapato me arrancaba la cabeza.

message 22: by Dilan (new)

Dilan (dilanlopez) | 3 comments habia un joven nuevo y cada persona tenia que tener un agujero cada uno y el tenia que hacer uno el tardo unos 5 dias y esta cansando por que estban en el desierto su agujero fue de como 5 pies de alto

message 23: by Rosa (new)

Rosa | 9 comments In the book, I can see that the main character is walking home as he hears sirens from the distance. I can see the confusion on his face about what is going on and I can also hear the loud helicopter sound and see the helicopter light looking for their suspect.