Prize Readers discussion

Awards Roundup > The Republic of Consciousness 2020 Longlist

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob Lopez | 196 comments Mod
The Republic of Consciousness supports, promotes and celebrates small presses in the UK and Ireland. They have awarded nearly £35,000 through the prize in the first three years to publishers and authors.

The 2020 prize will be awarded in March, with events and celebrations of the longlisted and shortlisted titles happening throughout the first three months of the year.

LONGLIST

Broken Jaw by Minoli Salgado
Love by Hanne Ørstavik
Leonard and Hungry Paul by Ronan Hession
Aliasing by Mara Coson
We Are Made Of Diamond Stuff by Isabel Waidner
Animalia by Jean-Baptiste Del Amo
Patience by Toby Litt
Under Pressure by Faruk Šehić
That Lonesome Valley by Melissa Lee-Houghton
Fatherhood by Caleb Klaces
El Llano in flames by Juan Rulfo
The Red Word by Sarah Henstra

message 2: by Doug (new)

Doug I've had a hit and miss relationship with the RoC. Its first year I managed to read 10 of the 13 of the longlist, but most of those wound up as 2 star reads, so last year I only managed 3. I've only read one of the titles this year so far (the Waidner), but intend to read 4 or 5 more ... we'll see how it goes.

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam | 85 comments I will probably not read any of the but Animalia. Love I had already read and I gave up on The Red Word.

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob Lopez | 196 comments Mod
I really enjoyed Love, and I got the Waidner based on recs/reviews on Mookse. I'm sure the Rulfo is of consequence so I'll give that a shot--I have an old translation but I'm not interested in updating.

message 5: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 142 comments I have read Love and We Are Made of Diamonds.

I really enjoyed Love.
We Are Made of Diamonds was ok.