What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

When I Was Yours
This topic is about When I Was Yours
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary Romance: Book about newly-married young woman abandoning her husband because mother-in-law threatened her. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashtan (new)

Ashtan Goodwin | 3 comments I read this book in the 3-4 years ago . It started about a couple (20-something year-olds) getting married and maybe living on a beach (?) I remember the husband's family were wealthy. I believe the father was a movie director or something like that. The parents weren't portrayed as "good characters". A week or two after they get married while the husband is at work, the mother-in-law goes to visit the wife and threatens her about her sister. Her sister was battling cancer and the mother-in-law used this to her advantage. She brided the wife by telling her she could get the sister into the best cancer treatments and the only thing she had to do was leave her husband and never talk to him. So, the wife leaves and when the husband returns home, she is gone. Then it goes to like a year later (something like that) and the husband runs into the wife and this is when he finds out why she just vanished without talking to him. If she would have talked to him, the mother-in-law wouldn't have followed through with her promise. The sister is mentioned and she is doing so much better (thanks to the treatment from evil mother-in-law) and I think she was starting college. And eventually, the husband and wife get back together and HEA. This book is based in America I' m sure. I lost the login for my old account. The suggestions weren't correct unfortunately. It isn't The Promise or The Other Woman or anything by Marie Kelly.

Please HELP!
Hope this is a good description!
-Ashtan

Kristin | 45 comments When I was Yours by Samantha Towle

message 3: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments When I Was Yours for Kristin's link.

message 4: by Ashtan (new)

Ashtan Goodwin | 3 comments Yes, that’s the book. Thank you !