New Adult Book Club discussion

That Friend Thing
This topic is about That Friend Thing
Archived Read it Review it 2020 > #5/20 ~ That Friend Thing by Jessica Miller

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micheala (last edited Feb 20, 2020 06:47AM) (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments #5/20
Title: That Friend Thing
Author: Jessica Miller
Genre: New Adult Romance
Heat Level: Moderate
Formats ~Mobi, Epub & PDF
Copies ~ 25 (Sent out by NABC)
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Synopsis:

Love is a sneaky little bastard that creeps up on you and knocks you out when you least expect it. For Callie and Lucas, their love just might be the ultimate takedown…
After her mom’s accident, Callie was forced to drop out of school and take a job at the local bar to help her mom recover. Two years later, she’s still at the bar, and afraid she’s never going to make it out of town and have the career she’s dreamed of since she was five.
An old friend stumbles into her path after two years of absence. A friend Callie has had a crush on from the moment they first met. The only downside, he’s trying to recover from a broken heart.
Lucas thought his life was set. He had the girl of his dreams and well on his way to start settling down. That was until his girlfriend of two years decided she wasn’t ready for commitment. Destroyed from his break up, Lucas has a hard time getting his head on straight. After running into Callie, things seem to slowly start to fall back in place. Only Lucas’s heart can’t seem to catch up with his head.
Everyone knows that falling in love with your best friend is the worst thing you can do, but sometimes the heart wants what it wants and feelings have a way of springing up unannounced.
Can Callie overcome her fear of losing Lucas if she confesses how she really feels? Will Lucas’s heart heal enough to move on and discover love was staring him in the face the whole time? Or is their relationship doomed to be nothing more than that friend thing?
--
TO SIGN UP please leave your email address and preferred format below. Once copies go out you will have three weeks to Read and Review the BOOK, and please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread!

If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from THE LIST and allow someone else to review it. Thank You.

Reviewers:
Rochelle - kandksmom5912@gmail.com - mobi
Jenna L. - jennalock0212@gmail.com - mobi
Amy - amyewilson73@yahoo.com - mobi
Donna - dfudahl_137130@kindle.com - mobi
Ashley - arhodes@live.ca
Melinda - melina.kraeling_8053a0@kindle.com - mobi
Sasha - sasha.bevis@gmail.com - epub
Bookworm - i4steel@me.com - mobi
Katie - Katieharris29_d5e50f@kindle.com - mobi
Taylor - taylormarie9011@gmail.com - epub

Rochelle | 53 comments I would love to review a copy

kandksmom5912@gmail.com

.mobi please

Jenna  Price (booklvr212) jennalock0212@gmail.com mobi

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 31 comments I would review a copy.
amyewilson73@yahoo.com
mobi

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna (monzmom) | 30 comments I would like to review a copy.

dfudahl_137130@kindle.com

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments I would like to review ! arhodes@live.ca

Melina | 2 comments I would love to review it! melina.kraeling_8053a0@kindle.com

Taylor | 7 comments I would happily review it!

message 9: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments @Donna & Melinda - please ensure you have newadultbookclub@gmail.com added to your safelist.

@Taylor - what format and what is your email?

Sasha | 7 comments I would love to review this please.
sasha.bevis@gmail.com
Epub please

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna (monzmom) | 30 comments Done - thanks!

Micheala wrote: "@Donna & Melinda - please ensure you have newadultbookclub@gmail.com added to your safelist.

@Taylor - what format and what is your email?"

message 12: by Derna (new)

Derna | 5500 comments Mod
I have just sent copies out to members whose names have been added to the list. Please remember that you have until 18th February (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your review here. Any problems just let me know. Enjoy

Bookworm Bells (bellsaboo) | 190 comments Yes please mobi i4steel@me.com

Katie | 36 comments If there are copies remaining, I would love to read and review this.

Katieharris29_d5e50f@kindle.com
Thank you!!

message 15: by Derna (new)

Bookworm Bells wrote: "Yes please mobi i4steel@me.com"

Sent

message 16: by Derna (new)

Katie wrote: "If there are copies remaining, I would love to read and review this.

Thank you!!"

Sent

Sasha | 7 comments Derna wrote: "I have just sent copies out to members whose names have been added to the list. Please remember that you have until 18th February (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your re..."

Hi, I didn’t receive my copy, have received mails before for their reviews. Please advise.

message 18: by Derna (new)

Sasha wrote: "Derna wrote: "I have just sent copies out to members whose names have been added to the list. Please remember that you have until 18th February (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and ..."

Apologies sending now!

Taylor | 7 comments Micheala wrote: "@Donna & Melinda - please ensure you have newadultbookclub@gmail.com added to your safelist.

sorry I missed that! epub and taylormarie9011@gmail.com

message 20: by Katie (last edited Feb 03, 2020 07:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie | 36 comments Derna wrote: "Katie wrote: "If there are copies remaining, I would love to read and review this.

Thank you!!"

Sent"

Hi @Derna, I am so sorry. I didn't receive my copy and in looking I had a typo in my email. My correct email is:
katieharris29_d5e50f@kindle.com
Is it possible to resend?
Thank you so much!

message 21: by Derna (new)

Katie wrote: "Derna wrote: "Katie wrote: "If there are copies remaining, I would love to read and review this.

Thank you!!"

Sent"

Hi @Derna, I am so sorry. I didn't receive my ..."

Resent.

message 22: by Derna (new)

Taylor wrote: "Micheala wrote: "@Donna & Melinda - please ensure you have newadultbookclub@gmail.com added to your safelist.

sorry I missed that! epub and taylorm..."

Sent

message 23: by Amy (last edited Feb 10, 2020 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 31 comments My review of That Friend Thing can be found at https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/review/RVPV9J7...

Taylor | 7 comments Here’s the copy of my review!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 25: by Sasha (last edited Feb 09, 2020 10:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sasha | 7 comments My review of That Friend Thing.
That Friend Thing That Friend Thing by Jessica Miller

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Callie and Lucas are both a little down on their luck in their love lives. The both get to find themselves again and who and what they both didn’t know they wanted or needed.
A light hearted romance with a HEA.
Some really funny witty comments that make you smile just imagining it being said out loud.
A light quick read.

View all my reviews

Katie | 36 comments Derna wrote: "Katie wrote: "Derna wrote: "Katie wrote: "If there are copies remaining, I would love to read and review this.

Thank you!!"

Sent"

Hi @Derna, I am so sorry. I didn..."

Hi @Derna, I am so sorry but I haven't received this book. I am not sure if there is an issue with my kindle email.
My regular email is katieharris029@gmail.com. I can read in mobi or epub.
Thank you!

message 27: by Derna (new)

Katie wrote: "Derna wrote: "Katie wrote: "Derna wrote: "Katie wrote: "If there are copies remaining, I would love to read and review this.

Thank you!!"

Sent"

Resent to your email

Hi @Derna, I am so..."

Katie | 36 comments Thank you so much for the opportunity.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...