Lit 102 Spring 2020 discussion

Perfect, Imperfect Christmas Characters

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Focus on a major or minor character from your anchor text.
Examine the characters language or interaction with other characters.
Include a quote with your examination.
Respond to two peers examination detailing your reaction to their analysis.
DO NOT REPEAT YOUR PEERS RESPONSES.

message 2: by Sontez (new)

Sontez Williams | 16 comments From Perfect Imperfect Christmas in chapter 12 I would like to talk about Angelica grandfather Mr.Joshua. When Nic and Angelica got to grandfather house he interacted with them. Angelica hugged grandfather and said “Grandpa hugs always confirmed he suffocated you with love.”(Bliss, 2019 Perfect Imperfect Christmas, para 3). When Angelica hugged grandfather she felt nothing but love from him. Also when Nic and Angelica walked in Mr.Joshua house Nic comes off as in he want a hug from grandpa to and grandpa nods his head for Nic to shut the door. Mr.Joshua says “Nic bring it in”(Bliss, 2019 Perfect Imperfects Christmas, para. 5) Mr.Joshua consider Nic as family and Nic really appreciate that. Mr.Joshua asked about Paul and told Nic he hope to see Paul before his next phase.

message 3: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Ferguson | 13 comments There are multiple ways you can see the character's interactions throughout this work. In Perfect Imperfect Christmas, one significant connection I noticed is the affair between Nicholas and Angelica. The characters have grown and have become more persistent. I saw in chapter 19 how Nicholas was enforcing how much he wanted to have dinner with Angelica "dinner yes or no? I smile at his persistence." (Bliss, p.69, 2019). Time has passed, and the characters have drastically grown! Nic remains humble with his persistence, but his eagerness is noticeable when it comes down to angelica. After kissing her, things between changed. They both became more open and got rid of their hesitation.

message 4: by Jaliyah (new)

Jaliyah Webster | 17 comments In Perfect, Imperfect Christmas vol. 2 by J. Bliss showcases Nicholas and Angelica finally being more intimate with each other. Angelica couldn’t believe what was happening “Morning breath and all he takes me, kissing me as if the world is ending.”(Bliss, 2019, eBook loc. 438). Since their first kiss, their romantic connection is starting to pickup and their love escalates fast especially Angelica. She is living in the moment, and Nic is making her feel loved and warm on the inside. What seemed to have been a sad and lonely Christmas in the beginning for Angelica, is making a turn for the better.

message 5: by Dillan (new)

Dillan | 17 comments In the novel, Perfect Imperfect Christmas, by J. Bliss, Illustrates her character Paul. Throughout the story, Paul displays a well composed attitude towards his father, Nicholas trying to explore different methods of coping with the lost of his wife, Chrissy. The author writes, " Dad, I'm not upset, it's okay. It might not feel okay for you. I want you to understand for me... I'm fine with whatever you decide"( Bliss, 2019, p.30). Even with Nicholas's emptiness of happiness, Paul still wants his father to be grateful and substantial for the family.

message 6: by Dillan (new)

Dillan | 17 comments Sontez wrote: "From Perfect Imperfect Christmas in chapter 12 I would like to talk about Angelica grandfather Mr.Joshua. When Nic and Angelica got to grandfather house he interacted with them. Angelica hugged gra..."

I agree on your statement about how Mr. Joshua considers Nicholas as family. This shows a sense of connection between the two characters. Nice observation.

message 7: by Dillan (new)

Dillan | 17 comments Adrian wrote: "There are multiple ways you can see the character's interactions throughout this work. In Perfect Imperfect Christmas, one significant connection I noticed is the affair between Nicholas and Angeli..."

I can admit to your analysis that the two characters put aside their hesitation to fill the vacancy within their heart, after the first kiss. Nice observation.

message 8: by Jaliyah (new)

Jaliyah Webster | 17 comments Dillan, I agree Nic is trying to be the best father to Paul and take on both roles as a parent since Chrissy passed. Paul is just trying to make his dad understand yes nobody will replace mom,but it’s okay to move on and find love he will be okay with that.

message 9: by Jaliyah (new)

Jaliyah Webster | 17 comments Adrian I agree with your observation. Since Nic and Angelica’s first kiss we witnessed their love for each other starting to pick up. They have opened up a lot more with each other, and put their fear aside and became intimate with each other.

message 10: by Tyzell (new)

Tyzell Richardson | 12 comments In the novel, Perfect Imperfect Christmas, by J. Bliss, Illustrates her character Rashaad. He is having a talk with his sister Angelica he displays a level of seriousness letting her know that after losing their mother he only has his sisters so he needs them the most NOW! then he ever needed them before to cope with this loss. He stated "Maybe if you stuck around more often, you would know. But you always have to runoff, get back to your life, sis. I love you, but you did your part as you always point out and it ends the same every time. You leave" (Bliss, 2019, p.17).

message 11: by Tyzell (new)

Tyzell Richardson | 12 comments To Jaliyah Yes!!! different scenes have portrayed that show the seriousness of their love for each other and I agree this Imperfect Christmas just became Perfect with her knowing her friend is becoming her lover.

message 12: by Tyzell (new)

Tyzell Richardson | 12 comments To Dillian: After the death of Nic's wife is became a burden on Nic but it doesn't stop him from wanting to be the best father to Paul and while Nic's is trying to be strong his son (Paul) lets him know "Dad I miss mom to but it's alright to love someone else because I know no one can take mom place in your heart"
Great Observation!!!!

message 13: by Sontez (new)

Sontez Williams | 16 comments Adrian wrote: "There are multiple ways you can see the character's interactions throughout this work. In Perfect Imperfect Christmas, one significant connection I noticed is the affair between Nicholas and Angeli..."

Sontez- Adrian I totally agree with you. It was almost like Nic was forcing Angelica to have dinner with him. They have most definitely grown together.

message 14: by Sontez (new)

Sontez Williams | 16 comments Dillan wrote: "In the novel, Perfect Imperfect Christmas, by J. Bliss, Illustrates her character Paul. Throughout the story, Paul displays a well composed attitude towards his father, Nicholas trying to explore d..."

Sontez- Dillan I really agree with you. Paul wants his dad to know that It's alright for you to find love again. It's almost like Paul wants Nic to move on and find love because he knows he loved his mom Chrissy but she's gone and won't be back. Paul is leaving for college soon and he doesn't want his dad to be alone.

message 15: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Ferguson | 13 comments Dillan I agree. For Nicholas moving on was a big step after losing his wife. Sharing the line “til death do us part” goes a long way in a marriage. When Chrissy was hit by the diesel Nic’s universe crashed. His other half was snatched from him. In the midst of all the devastation, Paul still wanted his dad to be happy!

message 16: by Adrian (new)

Adrian Ferguson | 13 comments Jaliyah- I strongly agree with your interpretation of what’s occurring with the main character’s. Their kiss showed them what they’ve been missing for a while. With Nic losing Chrissy and Angelica losing her fiancé, the kiss was much needed. Even as I continued to read you can see that their kiss led to MANY other things!