Play Book Tag discussion

The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell
Archive: Other Books > The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell - Robert Dugoni - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki | 661 comments I’m not sure I can write an objective review of this book; my copy will always be precious to me because I received it as a birthday gift from my 9-year-old daughter, who had impressively remembered me mentioning it in conversation several months earlier. I think I’d have enjoyed it anyway though – it was a sweet book about self-acceptance, faith, and perseverance told through the (red) eyes of a boy born with ocular albinism. Even through my own rose-tinted glasses I can see that it wasn’t perfect – it was a little sentimental in places and parts of the ending were almost too neat, but I would still recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable and uplifting read with its heart firmly in the right place. I think my appreciation of it was also enhanced by reading the author’s note about the genesis of the idea and how it related to his own mother’s fight to get a decent education for his brother, who had Down’s syndrome.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7472 comments Sweet review Nikki, I am glad you enjoyed it with a full heart💕