What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery/cozy read between 2006 and 2018. Extra large coffin gets stuck and causes fire

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Hinds This may be set in England. Female sleuth who works to get a police detective to believe her. He finally does and is at the cremation ceremony when the coffin is too big and gets stuck in the conveyor to the cremation fire. Drapes catch fire but quickly doused. There is missing/stolen gems or money and I think a woman who poses as a man. She stole the gems or jewelry and is disguised and planning to leave with the loot. In my mind, it could be a Flavia de Luce book, but it isn't. There maybe gypsies involved with caravans and/or tents. The sleuth has figured things out and hopes she won't be recognized at the funeral/cremation and she does expose the thief/killer I think.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33416 comments Mod
A shot in the dark - Read and Gone by Allison Brook?

Laura, does the cremation scene happen towards the end of the book? Who is in the coffin?

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Hinds Hi Kris,

Thank you so much for your response! I happen to have "Read and Gone" in the house and pulled it out to look at it again. It isn't the book I'm searching for, but that was a good try! I wish I could remember more-- it's like it's right there on the edge of my memory.

The cremation scene was towards the end of the book. I am not sure who is in the coffin. Only that it is a man who was the patriarch of a family of gypsies or nomads. He is huge and that's why they got an extra large coffin.

I've been wracking my brain for this so long and getting nowhere.

I really appreciate your answer! It was a great try!

Laura

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Read and Gone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Allison Brook (other topics)