GOOD REVIEWS discussion

New to the Group - Need a Reviewer?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Hi everyone :)

I am new to the group and didn't see anywhere to introduce myself so I thought I would do so here and let everyone know I am available for reviews.

My name is Alisha :) I'm from Canada and I love reading, I average a few books a week and have run out of material - seriously in a book drought over here. I also want to start posting more book reviews to my blog so I thought why not join this group and see if I can find some more books to read! :)

So I am happy to post reviews on Goodreads, my own blog, Amazon and I have the Apple Books app and Scribd app if your books are on those platforms I can add my review there as well.

I'm happy to read any of the following genres and I will read any heat level.
- historical romance (kind of my new guilty pleasure)
- paranormal suspense
- romance suspense
- YA
- paranormal romance

I am not a huge fan of gay/lesbian/menage genres but if it isn't the main theme I am happy to give it a go as well. I'm really up for reading pretty much anything but those listed above are my usual go to's.

message 2: by Annette (new)

Annette Bergman | 9 comments I really would appreciate reviews on Return to Tybee, Things That Make Me Nuts and A Break From Insanity. All available on Kindle on Amazon.
Would be forever grateful.
Annette Bergman
The Accidental Author

message 3: by DJ (new)

DJ Swykert (djswykert) | 12 comments Alisha: I'm looking for further reviews of The Pool Boy's Beatitude. I am review copies in all formats. I would list it in the Romance, Suspense, or Contemporary Romance.

Thanks,
DJ Swykert

message 4: by Byron (new)

Byron Fortin (byronfortin) | 8 comments Hello Alisha,
I have a paranormal series that is in need of reviews. One of the characters in it actually goes by the name Alrisha. Not quite the same, I know, but I thought the similarities were enough that it might be fun to share nonetheless.

I have added a brief summary and links for each entry below. There are four books in total, though you may only be looking to start with the first. I have copies available in Mobi, ePub and PDF formats. I can also provide a free listen of books I & II through Audible, should you prefer. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please feel free to message me, either here or at byronfortin@gmail.com. If not, then that's perfectly fine too. Whatever you may decide, I just want to say thank you!

Summary:

Join in the seance, made to raise the Guardian from out the abyss...but be wary the demons of the nightly order who seek to surmount those who would bring this prophecy about and bend it to their own means.

Time is running out.

The sands fast slip through the hourglass. Can Regina solve the mystery of the voices haunting him? Or will Ambrosia fall victim to the night of thinnest veil, propelled further down the spiral that ends in a complete breakdown of his reality? To provoke the spirit world means to suffer a mind of madness, still the runes foretell a choice to be made...

Through the Psyche of Ambrosia: Part I

Through the Psyche of Ambrosia: Part II

Two if by Dark Reverie: Part I

Two if by Dark Reverie - Part II

message 5: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Wicklund (eawicklund) | 2 comments Hi Alisha,

Any chance you would be interested in science fiction-space opera?

Cheers!

Eric

message 6: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie | 3 comments Hi Alisha, I'm new as well and I have a book "Curse of the Ninth' coming out this week on Amazon, available now on Kindle. Publisher WiDo Publishing.
It's listed as literary, mystery but it also has a twist of paranormal, since young Charley is cursed to be living with his father's consciousness. Set in early Hollywood, CA (1910-1950) it is also historical inspired by real events and people.

I also have PDF and Mobi formats as well should you be interested

message 7: by P.W. (new)

P.W. Hazeldine (pwhazeldine) | 8 comments You could give Finding Elenore a read. It’s a romance with a paranormal twist and is gaining rave reviews. On Goodteads and Amazon.
You can get it for free on Amazon.
Finding Elenore by P.W. Hazeldine

message 8: by Alisha (last edited Feb 16, 2020 01:17PM) (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Thanks for all the offers everyone ^_^ I have the following going right now, and I will update as I read. If you offered more than one title I picked the first offered and then moved onto the next person. If you prefer I start with a different novel let me know as long as I haven't started reading it yet I will be happy to change it up ^_^ I went with first come first serve, whether on this post or in my inbox. Thanks!

Read & Reviewed: Intricate Deceptions - Jennifer Rayes

Currently Reading: Return to Tybee - Annette Bergman

The Pool Boy's Beatitude - DJ Swykert
Through the Psyche of Ambrosia: Part I - Byron Fortin
Curse of the Ninth - Ruthie
Finding Elenore - P.W. Hazeldine
The Irish Phantom - Bibiana
Jasper, Amazon Parrot - Sharon
Vi'Gosh the Wanderer - Sheri

I will contact everyone personally as well and will update here as I finish books, reviews etc.

message 9: by Bibiana (new)

Bibiana Krall (htttpgoodreadsbibianakrall) Hey Alisha. I would love if you took a look at The Irish Phantom Series.

Corvus Hall is the first of three linked novellas and there is one more on the way. It has ghosts, suspense and gothic details that I think you would like. Let's follow each other and if you are interested in the book, just send me a message. Thank you and all the best. Bibiana

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 6 comments Good morning Alisha.

My children's chapter book series is geared toward middle grade. It is based on my parrot, Jasper, that we rescued and adopted in 1999 at the age of five. The running theme for the series is family, friends and learning to get along with those different from us.

The title of volume one is "Jasper, Amazon Parrot: A Rainforest Adventure" and at the moment there are three books.

Sharon

message 11: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Brown | 2 comments Hi Alisha,

I have a speculative fiction ebook ‘ Vi’gosh the Wanderer’ available on most formats, iBooks, kindle, kobo. . .

I’m an indie author and though I did have an editor (I don’t believe she did a great job) so, I’m sure there are mistakes. This is my first time asking for a review. But I would like to have some reader insight from another person other than friends/family.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers,

Sheri Brown

message 12: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Hi Bibiana, I have added the book to my list and will get to it when I can :)

Bibiana wrote: "Hey Alisha. I would love if you took a look at The Irish Phantom Series.

Corvus Hall is the first of three linked novellas and there is one more on the way. It has ghosts, suspense and gothic det..."

message 13: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Hi Sharon, I have added this one to my list :) I will only read the first in series books so that will be the one I read and I will get to it as soon as I can :) Thanks!

Sharon wrote: "Good morning Alisha.

My children's chapter book series is geared toward middle grade. It is based on my parrot, Jasper, that we rescued and adopted in 1999 at the age of five. The running theme fo..."

message 14: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Hi Sheri :) This sounds good, I've added it to my list and I will get to it as soon as I can.

Sheri wrote: "Hi Alisha,

I have a speculative fiction ebook ‘ Vi’gosh the Wanderer’ available on most formats, iBooks, kindle, kobo. . .

I’m an indie author and though I did have an editor (I don’t believe she..."

message 15: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Newwyn | 4 comments Hello Alisha!

I was wondering if you would be willing to give my romance novelette a go? My book is a contemporary romance novelette (200 words away from being a novella, so about ~16800 words), so it's a very short and hopefully satisfying read.

The Colour of Your Voice

This is the synopsis:

"Violet Pham can see the colour of sounds. Ever since she knew it, everything she heard carried a shade. She spent hours pouring her pencil sketches on paper, glaring at the milky white rays in the air dangling around, wrapping the mossy green blobs emanating from her mother's voice.

She was born to become a painter. But her faith keeps getting tested by her classmates and mother. "You can't do anything right," they tell her. She begins to question herself. Once she does, there is only one solution: run away from everything.

That is when she meets Turner Nguyen.

Turner is everything Violet wishes she is: an iron will and a flint heart. There is only one thing wrong about him — he's a gangster, the scummy type. He barges into gang wars. He beats people up for money. He smuggles drugs.

Soon, they learn that a romance of two castaways is a recipe for disaster. Slowly, their lives take turns for the worse."

I understand that you might be busy, and I totally understand if you think that my book won't be a good fit. But if you're interested, please let me know!

Best wishes,

Daniel

message 16: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Garland | 81 comments Hello Alisha,

If a quiet horror story with two female protagonists is your bag, then you may care to have a look at:-

FREE DOWNLOAD on 6 & 7 April

The Golden Tup (The Red Grouse Tales) by Leslie Garland The Golden Tup - a dreadful tale of paradise being cruelly taken by latent evil.

This quiet horror story opens with the shocking news that a nice young couple have killed their new born baby. How could they have done such a dreadful thing?

We learn how the pair bought an old derelict farmhouse and commenced renovating it; creating their own paradise. However, their felling an old tree changed everything and their paradise began to disintegrate around them.

A Red Grouse Tale that becomes ever more chilling as it reaches its conclusion and then leaves you wondering, 'what if?'

Available: https://www.amazon.com/…/prod…/B011OE...
Goodreads: Leslie Garland

Reviews most welcome, but not obligatory. Enjoy!

message 17: by K. (new)

K. Ritz | 2 comments Hi all,

My name is K. Ritz and I'm the author of the fantasy book "Sheever's Journal, Diary of a Poison Master.''

You still have one day to enter my giveaway for a chance to win one of 10 signed copies of my book. "Sheever's Journal, Diary of a Poison Master'' is an intriguing storyline with an enticing protagonist that ''captures or 'snares' the reader from the start, like a hapless rabbit!''.

Enter my giveaway here --> https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

If you want to propose a review exchange please write me a private message.

Thanks,
K.

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 6 comments Thank you Alisha. I thought I had replied to this, sorry.

Alisha wrote: "Hi Sharon, I have added this one to my list :) I will only read the first in series books so that will be the one I read and I will get to it as soon as I can :) Thanks!

Sharon wrote: "Good mornin..."

Alisha wrote: "Hi Sharon, I have added this one to my list :) I will only read the first in series books so that will be the one I read and I will get to it as soon as I can :) Thanks!

Sharon wrote: "Good mornin..."

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Nicolson (rockyboy2) | 7 comments Two of my books FREE starts Tuesday http://book.rockyboy2.comMichael Nicolson

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael Nicolson (rockyboy2) | 7 comments Give me a good review and I will return the favour, Two of my books FREE starts Tuesday http://book.rockyboy2.com

message 21: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Hi DJ I’m ready for your novel but it’s not available on kindle unlimited. Let me know if you can provide a copy 😊 thank you.

message 22: by Bob (new)

Bob Frank | 1 comments Hi Alisha,
My co-author and I recently pub'd a metaphysical/paranormal mystery/thriller. We are free on Kindle Unlimited.

It is called "Cloud to Cloud" on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-J-J-M-Cz...

Here is the logline (from our screenplay):
The global data cloud becomes intertwined with the ethereal plane, allowing people to search on-line for their past lives and future events. Opposing forces battle to control the new Cloud to Cloud Gateway.

If you still need some more reading material, the first novel of my paranormal mystery thriller trilogy "Through the Third Eye" is also free on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Through-Third-...

Thank you.
Bob Frank

message 23: by Gina (new)

Gina LoBiondo (ginalob) | 89 comments Hi, Alisha, I have published 3 books -- 2 children's picture books and a juvenile fiction book. Here's a summary --

My 2 children's picture books are called Pegasus -- A Dragon's Tale and Button Nose the Sad Little Bear respectively. Pegasus has won 11 prestigious book awards and is the story of brother and sister royal bear cubs who find a mysterious egg while out playing one day. It eventually hatches into a cute baby dragon and the 3 become inseparable friends. The story centers on that friendship and what happens after they are separated and eventually reunited. Button Nose has won 6 awards and is the fictionalized account of the teddy bear I had as a child and what happens to him after he's sold in a yard sale. The back of the book blurb says it's "the story of a much-loved little bear and the little girl who will never give up on finding him again."

My 3rd book Cinderella -- A Love Story is a 130-page, 16-chapter juvenile fiction book and is "a fanciful and absorbing rewrite of the classic faerie tale". It is told here in a fascinating new version, set circa mid-16th century. Younger readers will love the borrowed magic that enables Ella to attend the ball, while older readers -- including adults -- will connect with the inseparable bond between mother and child; a bond that transcends time and space and even death itself.

Ella's parents are young and in love and the family is happy until Marie suddenly dies. Her father remarries, hoping to give his beloved child a mother's love and care. But Charles's new wife is a cruel, unaffectionate woman, who cares only for her own two very backward daughters, and turns her step-daughter into a servant. Ten years later, when the King throws a ball in honour of his son, Ella's only chance at happiness comes from a most unexpected source.

All three are available as a paperback and an eBook. Let me know if you're interested in any or all of them. I'm always looking for reviews. Thanks and take care.

Best wishes,
Gina L. ^_^

message 24: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Robinson (robinsonalisha) | 7 comments Just updating :)

I have a couple of reading apps, including Kindle Unlimited. If I can't get a copy of your novel I will reach out but after that, I will have to move it to an unable to complete list so I can go onto the other novels. Sorry, but it's not fair to the others on the list. I have also added some others here as well. Some have reached out to me on my web site or through Goodreads so I want to make sure they get added as well :)

Read & Reviewed: Intricate Deceptions - Jennifer Rayes
Return to Tybee - Annette Bergman

Currently Reading: Through the Psyche of Ambrosia: Part I - Byron Fortin
Unable to Read: The Pool Boy's Beatitude - DJ Swykert

Pending
Curse of the Ninth - Ruthie
Finding Elenore - P.W. Hazeldine
The Irish Phantom - Bibiana
Jasper, Amazon Parrot - Sharon
Vi'Gosh the Wanderer - Sheri
Shadytown - Mike Sherer
The Colour of Your Voice - Daniel Newwyn
The Golden Tup - Leslie
Cloud to Cloud - Bob
Cinderella - Gina

Please note I don't trade good reviews for good reviews, I just like to read and although I also love to write I don't have anything published :) If you would like to support me I'd be happy if you shared my blog and review but it is not needed :)
Thanks!

message 25: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Garland | 81 comments Thanks for including my tale on your list, Alisha. I hope you enjoy reading it.

I am sure I can speak for all the authors you have chosen so far, if you can post your review on amazon.com (and in my case also amazon.co.uk if you can manage it) it will be much appreciated. The main thing though is to enjoy the read.

message 26: by Gina (new)

Gina LoBiondo (ginalob) | 89 comments I'm with Leslie here, Alisha -- glad you'll be reviewing my book and I hope you enjoy it! You will be able to get it on both eBook and paperback so no worries there. It's on Amazon, eBay and Etsy, autographed paperbacks available at the latter two. I would also hope to see the review on Amazon, if that's at all possible.

Thanks again and enjoy the book when you get to it!

Best wishes,
Gina ^_^

message 27: by Caryl (last edited Apr 19, 2020 02:52PM) (new)

Caryl McAdoo (carylmcadoo) | 4 comments Hello Alisha,

I'm pretty GoodReads Challenged :) But I'm a Christian author of 50+ titles, mostly historical romance :) Feel free to contact me by email @ caryl.mcadoo@yahoo.com so I can send you the file :)

All of my titles are in Kindle Unlimited! WOO HOO!

Blessings.
Caryl

message 28: by Clifton (new)

Clifton Kenny | 3 comments Hey, this is awesome! I could use some reviews for Bad Luck Zach or Reflections. I can provide free ePub editions as an ARC if you message me for them, otherwise they are on Amazon and many other stores.
Thanks!

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Veevers | 3 comments Hi Alisha,
My name is Lynn and, I believe my novel may be a great fit for your list :) I was excited when I read your preferences. I am in need of reviews for my YA Romantic Suspense. First things first, I have Mobi, Epub, and PDF ARC formats readily available. However, if a different format is required, I can get it for you. The novel is approximately 300 pages long. I am an editor by trade, but also had this novel professionally edited. I feel like that is important. To request an ARC, please feel free to email me directly here: Storiedgraphics@gmail.com
Here is the blurb for Eden's Echo followed by the amazon preorder link so you can look at the cover; it's so new it hasn't landed here on Goodreads yet ;P Thanks Alisha, and stay safe during this crazy time!!

True love knows no boundaries, it sees no color, even if that love is forbidden. Believing that got Eden’s mom, Echo killed at the age of sixteen, and the identity of Eden’s father was one of many secrets she took to the grave. Instead of moving on, Echo’s soul moved in. With her mother’s presence in her body, Eden can feel Echo’s emotions and hear her thoughts. When Eden tells, pseudo father, Uncle Daryl, about the voice in her head, it takes her down a road that leads to a diagnosis of multiple personalities. Now at seventeen, Eden has a secret love affair of her own with Drew. If Uncle Daryl ever found out the consequences would rip them apart, but that’s the least of Eden’s problems. As new clues surface surrounding her father’s identity, Eden finds herself on a dangerous path that could answer her paternity questions and the mysteries of her mother’s death, but at what cost? Eden can feel the weight of the secrets Echo keeps from her—secrets that have Echo’s killer returning after seventeen years with a mind to make history repeat itself.

https://www.amazon.com/Edens-Echo-Lyn...

message 30: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie | 3 comments Alisha wrote: "Just updating :)

Hi Alisha, hope this finds you well. How thoughtful of you to post an update. So happy to see I'm still on your list. I know times are tough! Thank you!

message 31: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Kole (taylorkole) | 11 comments Scary and suspenseful.

Hello,

Taylor Kole has purchased you a copy of:

Dream Riders by ,

Please accept your prepaid eBook using the link below:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle/redeem/...

You can enjoy eBooks on any device with the free Kindle app for iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, PC and Mac, and on Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets. Learn more at https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp

Need help? Visit Kindle Support at https://www.amazon.com/help/kindle/pr... for information about Kindle prepaid eBooks.

Thanks,
Taylor Kole

message 32: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Garland | 81 comments Hi Alisha (or any other reviewers looking at this page),

Just a note to let you know that:-

Coming soon. FREE DOWNLOAD on 4 & 5 May
The White Hart (The Red Grouse Tales) by Leslie Garland The White Hart – a happy ghost story, if there can be such a thing.

“This story is a delight,” "If you like ghost stories and looking for something different and easy to read, then this is definitely worth picking up," "Short, enchanting, and ghostly," "If you are in need of a book to curl up with in bed, The White Hart would be a great choice."

and it will be FREE!!

https://amazon.com/s
https://goodreads.com/author/show/148...
Web site: http://lesliegarland.com

Reviews, especially those posted on Amazon, will be appreciated.

message 33: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Canepa | 21 comments Hi, Alisha!

My most recent book needs reviews and is in Kindle Unlimited! It is Malachi, Ruse Master. I would most appreciate a read and review! Here is a synopsis:

Duplicity is Mike’s first nature. If you want to know what he’s doing with his life, just ask, but don’t expect the truth. You may not even be getting his real name…
Such duplicity is the reason a so-called ‘acting job’ at a suspiciously sparse agency, LLJF, becomes the perfect solution to Mike’s college drop-out blues. During a time when he is just finding out who he really is, Mike adopts the new identity of ‘Malachi,’ and it fits like a glove. A broken nose, a lost tooth, stealing scientific secrets, and a run through the alleys of D.C. are all in a day’s work. Malachi is the best at uncovering the truths that others want to hide, and the taste of succeeding at what you are best at is intoxicating.
Malachi is willing to do anything to get his paycheck--until he must decide if the thrill of deception is worth the price he must pay.
Malachi, Ruse Master is a Detours in Time series character spinoff and intersects with events from Undercurrents in Time, but it also reads well as a standalone.
Malachi, Ruse Master

message 34: by Lee (new)

Lee Hidalgo | 9 comments Hello ,
My name is Lee Hidalgo, and I’m reaching out to you because I would like to interview you and promote your book on my podcast show. If you are interested, please reach out to me and let me know either way. Thank you for your time and cooperation in this request.

Sincerely
Lee Hidalgo
http://authorleehidalgo.net/dark-plac...

message 35: by Gina (new)

Gina LoBiondo (ginalob) | 89 comments Lee, who are you referring to?

message 36: by Marianne (new)

Marianne Petit | 13 comments HI. I guess I posted in the wrong spot as I have not heard back
Would you like to review my latest time-travel: Timeless River?
Timeless River goes back to the CA gold rush of 1852?
here is the book trailer
https://youtu.be/_T640tzDVFI