Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Featured Series and Cozies > Miss Fortune (Louisiana Longshot) by Lana Deleon

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2406 comments Mod
Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1) by Jana Deleon Louisiana Longshot

CIA Assassin Fortune Redding is about to undertake her most difficult mission ever--in Sinful, Louisiana. Armed with her considerable skills and a group of old ladies referred to by locals as The Geritol Mafia, Fortune's got a local murder to solve before having hr cover blown.

Other books in the series are:
Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2) by Jana Deleon Swamp Sniper (Miss Fortune Mystery, #3) by Jana Deleon Swamp Team 3 (Miss Fortune Mystery, #4) by Jana Deleon Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5) by Jana Deleon Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6) by Jana Deleon Hurricane Force (Miss Fortune Mystery #7) by Jana Deleon Fortune Hunter (Miss Fortune Mystery #8) by Jana Deleon Later Gator (Miss Fortune Mystery #9) by Jana Deleon Hook, Line and Blinker (Miss Fortune Mystery #10) by Jana Deleon Change of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #11) by Jana Deleon Reel of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery #12) by Jana Deleon Swamp Spook (Miss Fortune Mystery, #13) by Jana Deleon Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14) by Jana Deleon Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15) by Jana Deleon Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16) by Jana Deleon

message 2: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 615 comments Love this series! I just need to read Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16) by Jana Deleon

message 3: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 14 comments I love this series so much, re-read most of the book at least once and look forward to re-read them again and join the discussion here.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Standafer | 6 comments I read this a while back and enjoyed it very much. I'll have to read again!

message 5: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 615 comments I love the after church mad dash to the diner.

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 11 comments I started reading this and I am really liking it so far. Great setting and premise and very funny!

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) | 72 comments I grabbed this as a freebie a few years ago. I'll have to read it when I'm done with my current book so I can join in the discussion.

message 8: by Agnieszka (last edited Feb 05, 2020 05:02AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 14 comments MadameZelda wrote: "I love the after church mad dash to the diner."

I like that as well - especially with Gertie-caused mishaps though my favorites are the lenghts Fortune/the trio's going to outsmart Carter & hide Fortunes true identiy and of course Gertie and her 'accidents' followed by the contents of her 'purse' for now.
Later in the series there will be some other nice additions to the LOL factor.

message 9: by MadameZelda (last edited Feb 05, 2020 08:47AM) (new)

MadameZelda | 615 comments I agree about Gertie's purse, Agnie. It does include the kitchen sink! She is also a great cook and baker.

What is funny also is the three gals' frantic attempts to fool Carter LeBlanc as he gets close to catching them snooping.

message 10: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 885 comments With great good luck my serial reader books this month are Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5) by Jana Deleon Gator Bait and Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6) by Jana Deleon Soldiers of Fortune. Can't wait to get into them; this is one of my favorite series. It takes forever to move along faster thanks to my huge TBR pile but at least I have two this month! yay

message 11: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 615 comments Yay! Finally the audio is out for Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16) by Jana Deleon . I'm going to read and listen to that one.

message 12: by Alice (new)

Alice | 392 comments Last night I started Later Gator (Miss Fortune Mystery #9) by Jana Deleon . Quite entertaining. I was laughing out loud. Ida and Gertie are awesome characters

message 13: by Zermeena (new)

Zermeena | 247 comments I just started Louisiana Longshot and it has me laughing.

message 14: by Alice (new)

Alice | 392 comments I finished Later Gator lots of fun. It is nice Ms. DeLeon keeps the series interesting after quite a few books. Hope to read next in the series this month too

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 30 comments This was a total hoot! Had no idea it was about a CIA operative, but I loved the twist on the traditional small town cozy.

message 16: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 885 comments Meg wrote: "With great good luck my serial reader books this month are Gator Bait (Miss Fortune Mystery, #5) by Jana DeleonGator Bait and Soldiers of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery, #6) by Jana DeleonSoldiers of Fortune...."

Finished my two Fortune reads and loved them. I have the next one lined up for very near future (working on some monthly challenges at the moment).

message 17: by elysa (new)

elysa (bookpresslove) | 1 comments Loving this, cant wait to read more of this series!!

message 18: by Zermeena (last edited Feb 14, 2020 05:48AM) (new)

Zermeena | 247 comments I finished Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1) by Jana Deleon and have Lethal Bayou Beauty (Miss Fortune Mystery #2) by Jana Deleon on hold at the library.

Having gone to school with a Miss Fortune (Fortune being her last name) I got a big kick out of the play on Fortune's name.

message 19: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 56 comments I finished Louisiana Longshot, and it was so funny!

Pity my libraries don´t have cozies, but I´ll definitely read more of them! :)

message 20: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2406 comments Mod
I loved the book! There was a great balance with the humor - it never went over the top but kept you smiling (and out loud laughing). Looking forward to the next one.

message 21: by Nell (last edited Feb 24, 2020 04:54AM) (new)

Nell | 2595 comments Mod
I needed a fast, fun read this weekend and this one fit the bill! Really enjoyed it.

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne Bannon | 30 comments I loved this one! What a great spin on the traditional cozy format. Fortune, Ida Belle and Gertie are hysterical and still very real. I've already read the second one - and I have about six other books that need to be read soon for other purposes. What fun, what fun.

message 23: by Lea (new)

Lea Day | 28 comments I read this and loved this book. I had small doubt with first few pages but I kept with it and ended up really enjoying this book. Will continue reading this series.

message 24: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 52 comments Downloaded the free kindle copy a couple of years ago but decided it sounded rather silly so I never read it. After reading the comments, I’ll give it a go.