YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake, #4)
This topic is about Bitter Falls
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > Bitter Falls by Rachel Caine - Restarting March 8th 2020

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Fourth in the Stillhouse Lake series...She’s investigating a cold case no one else could—by going places no else would dare.

In spite of a harrowing past still haunting her, Gwen Proctor is trying to move forward. Until a new assignment gives her purpose: the cold-case disappearance of a young man in Tennessee. Three years missing, no clues. Just Ruth Landry, a tortured mother in limbo. Gwen understands what it’s like to worry about your children.

Gwen’s investigation unearths new suspects…and victims. As she follows each sinister lead, the implications of the mystery grow more disturbing. Because the closer Gwen gets, the closer she is to a threat that looms back home.

In a town that’s closed its ranks against Gwen; her partner, Sam; and her kids, there’s no bolder enemy than the Belldene family—paramilitary, criminal, powerful, and vengeful. As personal vendettas collide with Gwen’s investigation, she’s prepared to fight both battles. But is she prepared for the toll it could take on everyone she loves?

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Prologue. Unusual start, though it raises potential to learn more of what’s going on.

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Opening chapter shows the children are starting to struggle now they’re staying in one place. Still amazed at how people react to Gwen.

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Up to ch6. Really can’t imagine such a protocol but to not prepare the kids better is deplorable. Really seeing the worst of some of these people.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Ch. 1-3 (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch6. Really can’t imagine such a protocol but to not prepare the kids better is deplorable. Really seeing the worst of some of these people."

That drill at the school has me sooooooooo upset. Can’t believe they thought that be ok to do to kids smh

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Up to ch11. That drill most definitely was not a good idea. (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch11. That drill most definitely was not a good idea. [spoilers removed]"

I can’t believe Lainey went along with it. I really thought after everything she’d been through she’d be completely transparent with her mom smh

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Up to ch15. (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Up to ch18. Circumstances sometimes make the strangest bedfellows.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Ch. 4-17 (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch15. [spoilers removed]"

After everything she’s been through I also wonder why she keeps getting into these situations lol. I mean she had to know especially with her luck, working as a detective could be dangerous for her and her kids.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Ch. 18-24 (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Up to ch21 - Connor is in a difficult place, but at least someone’s looking out for him. Just need Gwen to play her part.

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Up to ch25. Talk about risky. Crystal, I can’t read your spoilers at the moment so I’ll add comments once I’m home and on the pc. I’m surprised Vee is taking such a risk.

Karen Barber | 10079 comments Finished. Review on home page. Can’t believe Caine is going to subject this family to more...love it, but I am starting to feel they deserve a break.

Karen Barber | 10079 comments ❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "Finished [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7634 comments Karen wrote: "Finished. Review on home page. Can’t believe Caine is going to subject this family to more...love it, but I am starting to feel they deserve a break."

I couldn’t agree with you more. They deserve some peace finally but doesn’t look like they’re going to get it.

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22673 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting March 8th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments 26% in

I love this fourth book in the Stillhouse Lake series. Gwen Proctor is an amazing woman, and her kids and Sam are her entire world. I felt so bad (view spoiler) I was so happy when his mom stood up to the bully's mom in the hospital. I also wonder (view spoiler)

I am loving this read.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments 42% in

I feel so bad about the way some people treat Gwen. I hope she's able to find the missing girl Carol and find out for sure what happened to the missing boy.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments 77% in - still so good
(view spoiler)