Play Book Tag discussion

January 2020: Thriller > The Ghostwriter - Alessandra Torre - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 242 comments THE GHOSTWRITER is a surprise, really good book! I was having trouble getting into a new book, and I found this on kindle unlimited. When I started it, I didn't know what to think - I thought it was going to be one of those mediocre kindle unlimited books but I kept at it. I'm glad I did.

Helena Ross is a famous author. We meet her at the beginning and she receives terrible personal news. She decides she needs to write a book about what happened to her husband and daughter 4 years ago, but only has a very short time to do so, and she enlists the help of a fellow writer. It's a surprise on who that is.

The characters are very well developed in this book. The story keeps the reader guessing until the end. It is unusual for sure, but no way is it mediocre. There are twists that the reader doesn't see coming. Helena is a very odd character who just has been living in total despair. A few people try to help her and be her friends, but she just can't get over what happened and the circumstances that lead to her demise. Recommended!!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8847 comments This has actually been on my radar for a long time! It’s on my list from 2017, which has something like six or eight books left. Glad to hear you liked it.