YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Lady S. (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 12, 2020 04:13AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83068 comments Mod
Team Lady S.:
Amelia
Klancy
Jenn
Elizabeth Emily
Jammin Jenny
SimplyAli
Jasiya
Raining
Brindley
Natalie

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please let us know you are ready to go by commenting here before February 1st 2020 ☺

message 2: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (purpleglitterypinecone) | 692 comments Checking in!!

message 3: by Klancy (last edited Jan 26, 2020 09:56AM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Also checking in! 🤗This is my reading plan for February:

Planned BRs:
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1) by Tara Sim The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne

And then I wasn't able to find any buddies for The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley Bellewether by Susanna Kearsley A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley Don't Read the Comments by Eric Smith but I plan to read some of those books as well if I have time. I'm moving this month! 😱

message 4: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments I'm here!

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4601 comments Mod
Here! Hello Team!

message 6: by Jenn (new)

@Klancy I would like to join in on the Scavenge the Stars BR if that's cool? It's my book club book for February so I was planning on reading it!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Checking in! :)

message 8: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Hey, Jenn!! Yes, of course! Feel free to join 🤗 The BR is scheduled for the 24

message 9: by Jasiya (new)

Jasiya | 100 comments Hi! Everyone.

message 10: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Checking in ☺️

message 11: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments So excited!

message 12: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Welcome to the team everyone! 🤗 And hey, Elizabeth!! It’s been ages since we’ve been on a team together lol

message 13: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Also @Jenn I'm the absolute worst because I totally forgot to post the BR link for Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1) by Tara Sim . I'm posting it now!

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 14: by Brindley (new)

Brindley Gable (booksbybrin) Checking in! Hi everyone! :)

message 15: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Welcome to the team! :)

I should be done with Spinning Silver and Blue Lily, Lily Blue within the next couple of days!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

What authors are people currently reading? Sorry, I'm just curious.

message 17: by Jasiya (new)

Jasiya | 100 comments Hi! I'm currently reading Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass for the first time.

message 18: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I’m reading Naomi Novik and Maggie Stiefvater right now. Almost done with both. Then in the next couple of days I’m going to read Leigh Bardugo and another Maggie Stiefvater

message 19: by Brindley (new)

Brindley Gable (booksbybrin) I'm reading Holly Black's The Folks Of The Air (and I'm obsessed, it's amazing!). I want to start reading Throne Of Glass next.

message 20: by Jenn (new)

I'm reading the Renegades series by Marissa Meyer.

message 21: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Jenn wrote: "I'm reading the Renegades series by Marissa Meyer."

Ohhh, hope you enjoy it Jenn :) I love Marissa Meyer's writing!

message 22: by Jenn (new)

I've read the first one before, but I'm rereading it before the other two because it's been so long and I forgot what happened lol. But I adore Marissa Meyer

message 23: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Lol I should really start doing that because it’s been forever since I read the first two books in the Raven Cycle so when I started Blue Lily, Lily Blue I didn’t remember a lot of the characters. Whenever there was a character name I was like “Who?” 🤣

Isn’t The Lunar Chronicles being made into a TV show?

message 24: by Jenn (new)

I love love LOVE the Raven Cycle. One of my all time favorite series!

And I've heard rumors about the Lunar Chronicles being turned into a show, but I haven't heard anything concrete. I always go back and forth with if I want things like that to happen haha.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Brindley wrote: "I'm reading Holly Black's The Folks Of The Air (and I'm obsessed, it's amazing!). I want to start reading Throne Of Glass next."

I’m reading The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black and I’m also planning to read The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black after.

message 26: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments I'm reading the Harry Potter series again so J.K. Rowling.

Coming up I have: Dean Koontz, Jennifer Armentrout, Kerry Greenwood, Agatha Christie, Brigid Kemmerer and J.D. Robb

message 27: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Just posted my reviews for Spinning Silver and Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

I'm starting Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo and Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson next!

message 28: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Heads up: I’m not sure how much reading I’ll get done this week. I’m moving out of state on Wednesday! I’ll still make my 8 book minimum, though

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

@Brindley Are you planning on reading The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black ? Theres a BR starting tomorrow if you would like to join! :) Also I should be able to finish Finale (Caraval, #3) by Stephanie Garber and Far from the Tree by Robin Benway in the next couple of days

message 30: by Brindley (new)

Brindley Gable (booksbybrin) SimplyAli wrote: "@Brindley Are you planning on reading The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black? Theres a BR starting tomorrow if you would like to join! :) Also I should be able to finish [bookcover:Finale|403813..."

Yeah I am! I'd love to!

message 31: by Jenn (new)

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and say sorry I haven't been around! I had a friend in town for a week so while I was reading, I wasn't getting online to write reviews. I am working on my reviews now and will have some posted hopefully by the end of the day!

message 32: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Lady S., I don't think Raining will be participating, so I am hoping to have a replacement for you tomorrow ☺

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

@Brindley here's the thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 34: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Lady, just to let you know that Natalie will be joining your team ☺ She'll be moving over from Team Jealous, so I'll be moving her points over as soon as I can ☺

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Hi everyone

message 36: by Jenn (new)

Welcome Natalie!

message 37: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (purpleglitterypinecone) | 692 comments Hey Natalie!!

message 38: by Brindley (new)

Brindley Gable (booksbybrin) Hi!

message 39: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments Hi Natalie! Glad you're joining us!

message 40: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1910 comments Thank you everyone. I love doing these challenges.

message 41: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (purpleglitterypinecone) | 692 comments We’re on point from first place!!

message 42: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 1514 comments Woo hoo!

message 43: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Lady, just to let you know that I have messaged Elizabeth Emily just to see if she's still taking part as we haven't heard from her since check-in. Thanks x

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.