YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Lonely S. (M) - Chat✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 143 (143 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 04, 2020 02:25AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
Team Lonely S.:
Vanessa
Ashleigh
Susan
María
Quirks
Jamie
Kate
izzy

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please let us know you are ready to go by commenting here before February 1st 2020 ☺

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 994 comments Hello Team Lonely Stalker! Loving the group names being a huge crime junkie myself!

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Hi everyone

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments So these are some of the books I have to pick from: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Series I might continue from the volume shown. If anyone wants to BR any of these, let me know :)

Also if you plan to read books by an author listed, let me know. I think sharing authors might be a good idea so we know what to focus on to get those bonus points. :)

message 5: by Quirks (last edited Jan 26, 2020 12:28PM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Hey team! I've been thinking about how to approach the challenge since it was announced and I have an idea. A pretty simple one. Basically, we write down names of about 5 (or more, if you want) authors by whom we're willing to read two or more book in February. And we basically find authors we have in common. To start, I've got two authors.

Neal Shusterman
N.R. Walker

I'll think of more and post them if y'all think it seems like a good idea. I'm so excited for this challenge!

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments That can help too!

message 7: by Jamie (last edited Jan 27, 2020 10:34AM) (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments As of right now I am willing to read 2 of more of the following:

Novel Authors:
Brenna Yovanoff
Suzanne Young
Adrienne Woods
J.N Williamson
Phyllis A Whitney
Margaret Weis
Amanda Thome
Jonathan Stroud
Elle Strauss
Darren Shan
John Saul
Francine Pascal
Dean Koontz
Madeleine Roux
Anne Rice
Christopher Pike
Frank E. Peretti
Theresa Meyers
Richelle Mead
Sarah J Maas
Richard Laymon
Robert Kirkman
Stephen King
Kelsey Ketch
Carolyn Keene
Julie Kagawa
Joe Hill
Robin Jones Gunn
Bella Forrest
E.V. Fairfall
Jennifer Donnelly
Ted Dekker
Kaitlyn Davis
Julia Crane
R.J. Crayton
Bruce Coville
Rachel Caine
Pierce Brown
Terry Brooks
Jennifer Lynn Barns
Leigh Bardugo
K.A. Applegate
James Dashner
Kara Taylor
Megan Shepherd
Emma Pass
Ann M Martin
Anne McCaffrey
Tim LaHaye
Jade Fowler
Kiera Cass

Manga authors (worth 2 books [too pages each]):
Kaori Yuki
Ai Yazawa
Nobuhiro Watsuki
Yoshihiro Togashi
Natsuki Takayi
Yukito Kishiro
Yoko Kamio
Ken Akamatsu
Rumiko Takahashi

message 8: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments @Jamie Out of all your authors, I'm open to Stephen King and Pierce Brown. Especially King.

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Great! I can make Stephen King a focus point. And maybe Peirce Brown if we can do all 5.
I'll do Two Past Midnight Secret Window, Secret Garden by Stephen King for sure if that is the case. Then maybe the other "Past Midnight" books. Goodreads has them individually and all over 200 pages so they can count. :)
Joyland by Stephen King in particular is another short one. :)
Also, The Mist, Thinner, or Carrie are shorter. If we choose to get more in for the points. :)

Let me know if you want to BR anything. :)

message 10: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments I can do Two Past Midnight. I'll read the first story then join you for the others. Also, I was thinking of reading Misery. But if I'm reading these, I don't want to plan Pierce Brown books as well. When I plan too many books, things fall apart and I get none of them read.

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Agreed. We can stick to king

message 12: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments If you want to do misery we can do that too.

message 13: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments So the Four Past Midnight books and Misery. What dates do you want the BR?

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Maybe the 6th, 11th, 16th for the past midnights and then misery on the 21st? Or do you want to go through them a bit faster? Only br I have so far is the first so I am open.

message 15: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Jamie wrote: "Maybe the 6th, 11th, 16th for the past midnights and then misery on the 21st? Or do you want to go through them a bit faster? Only br I have so far is the first so I am open."

No, I'm good with that pace.

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Can you request the threads? If not I can do it in the morning when I can get to a computer.

message 17: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Just requested the threads! I've requested Four Past Midnight for the 1st since I need to read the first story as well.

message 18: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Okay :) I can wheeze that one in I guess as a reread lol. Pretty sure it’s been plenty long enough

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Thanks for the threads :)

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 994 comments Yes to Pierce Brown, I've just borrowed Red Rising!
I can look for a Stephen King book to read this month.

I'm open to read from any authors, so long as I can get ahold of their books, but I'm a big fan of crime, mystery, horror, thriller so I'd be more than happy to do those.

The only author I have on my plate right now is

Sara Shepard

as I'm planning to read the Pretty Little Liars series.

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments @Quirks, I added the other Past Midnight books separately for threads so we can get credit for each individually. Since we can't do it as a series thread anymore. So each has their own link.

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Kate wrote: "Yes to Pierce Brown, I've just borrowed Red Rising!
I can look for a Stephen King book to read this month.

I'm open to read from any authors, so long as I can get ahold of their books, but I'm a b..."

I think (I have to check with the mods If I can start it again)can do Red Rising as an audiobook and I MIGHT be able to get in the next one (or join you at book 2 if I can't). But I won't be able to do more than 2 of his books this month. So we would need you to do the other 3 for the minimum or we can wait and see if someone else can pick one up. :) Meanwhile I'll go ask about restarting.

message 23: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments I could do one Pierce Brown book. I've read Red Rising already so I'd be the second one.

message 24: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Jamie wrote: "@Quirks, I added the other Past Midnight books separately for threads so we can get credit for each individually. Since we can't do it as a series thread anymore. So each has their own link."

Okay, thanks!

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments @Kate, so if I can do 1 with you, maybe 2, would you be able to do 2-3 of them for sure and then Quirks will join bk 2? If one other can join us to be safe, that would be good though...

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 994 comments Jamie wrote: "@Kate, so if I can do 1 with you, maybe 2, would you be able to do 2-3 of them for sure and then Quirks will join bk 2? If one other can join us to be safe, that would be good though..."

That would work. :)

message 27: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Alright I got a hold on red rising.

Hopefully more teammates stop by soon to se can get a couple more authors planned out.

message 28: by Quirks (last edited Jan 28, 2020 02:12PM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Yup, hopefully they'll check in soon.

Also, here are other books I'm planning/hoping to get to in February. In case there's a common author.
Planning: UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1) by Lily Morton

Hoping: In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5) by Hailey Turner The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal Shusterman Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2 by Hiromu Arakawa

message 29: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Quirks wrote: "Yup, hopefully they'll check in soon.

Also, here are other books I'm planning/hoping to get to in February. In case there's a common author.
Planning: UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman [bookcover:Bloo..."

I can likely do some Fullmetal. :)

message 30: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments That's great! What volume are you on? I've read the first 3 and I'm doing at least the next three (I have the 3-in-one editions), but I can do more as well.

message 31: by Jamie (last edited Jan 28, 2020 02:34PM) (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments I've only ever read the first volume so I'd likely start over. but they are quick. Are the 3-in-1 listed as over 600 pages?

message 32: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments They're 576 pages. All of them. But the single volume editions have other editions with larger page counts.
Also, I'd like to start over as well. I read the first three volumes a while ago.

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Ah. I was thinking maybe BRing them based on omnibus since it can be hard to come up with enough for 4 comments + original review for a single volume. But since they are shorter, that won't quite work that way. Oh well.

message 34: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments We could ask Sarah if an exception can be made...

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments True. Maybe like if we were to review each individually but can br the omnibus or something as a compromise if needed.

message 36: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments I have to work early tomorrow so the time Sarah is on I’ll either be asleep or at work. Would you be able to ask her or should we just post now? And should we ask on the challenge thread or message her?

message 37: by Quirks (last edited Jan 28, 2020 08:09PM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments I'll message her.

message 38: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments okay. thanks!

message 39: by María (new)

María | 2107 comments Hi! Checking in. Of the list posted by Jamie I like Sarah J. Mass

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Sweet! I wanted to re-read ACOTAR so badly!

message 41: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments I don’t know if I can do 2 at this point since I already have 3 authors in the works, but at least 1 of hers.

message 42: by María (new)

María | 2107 comments It ok. I can read the five of her. I want to stalk Jude Deveraux and Jade West too!

message 43: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments Nice!

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2364 comments Hi there, I'm checking in. I haven't decided who I'm going to read yet. L J Shen will be the front runner for now. I also need to put a dent in my Morgan Rhodes books.

message 45: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments Checking in!

I will post a list of books and authors that I can read in February and look back at what everyone else has posted and see if I can match anything there. =)

message 46: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments Susan wrote: "Hi there, I'm checking in. I haven't decided who I'm going to read yet. L J Shen will be the front runner for now. I also need to put a dent in my Morgan Rhodes books."

Which books do you need to read by L.J. Shen? I have a ton of her books that I need to read. I'll list them below. We can buddy read any of them that you need to read as well. =) Just let me know.

Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5) by L.J. Shen Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1) by L.J. Shen Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2) by L.J. Shen Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3) by L.J. Shen Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4) by L.J. Shen Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2) by L.J. Shen The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen In the Unlikely Event by L.J. Shen Dirty Headlines by L.J. Shen Midnight Blue by L.J. Shen The End Zone by L.J. Shen Tyed by L.J. Shen

message 47: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jan 29, 2020 11:04AM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments Quirks wrote: "Yup, hopefully they'll check in soon.

Planning: UnSouled (Unwind, #3) by Neal Shusterman Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard"

I can read Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard with you. I have read the first two books but I wanted to reread them plus read Sightwitch before I started Bloodwitch. I can read Bloodwitch anytime at the end of the month if you want to do a buddy read. =)

message 48: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jan 29, 2020 02:58PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 2934 comments Here are the books and authors that I plan reading or am interested in reading in February.

Elise Kova
Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens, #5) by Elise Kova The Crown's Dog (Golden Guard, #1) by Elise Kova The Prince's Rogue (Golden Guard, #2) by Elise Kova The Farmer's War (Golden Guard #3) by Elise Kova Vortex Visions (Air Awakens Vortex Chronicles, #1) by Elise Kova Chosen Champion (Air Awakens Vortex Chronicles, #2) by Elise Kova Failed Future (Air Awakens Vortex Chronicles, #3) by Elise Kova Sovereign Sacrifice (Air Awakens Vortex Chronicles, #4) by Elise Kova
Harloe Rae
Breaker by Harloe Rae Keeper by Harloe Rae
Elle Kennedy
The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2) by Elle Kennedy The Score (Off-Campus, #3) by Elle Kennedy The Goal (Off-Campus, #4) by Elle Kennedy The Chase (Briar U, #1) by Elle Kennedy The Risk (Briar U, #2) by Elle Kennedy The Play (Briar U, #3) by Elle Kennedy
L.J. Shen
Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5) by L.J. Shen Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1) by L.J. Shen Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2) by L.J. Shen Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3) by L.J. Shen Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4) by L.J. Shen Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2) by L.J. Shen
J. Daniels
All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2) by J. Daniels When I Fall (Alabama Summer, #3) by J. Daniels Where We Belong (Alabama Summer, #4) by J. Daniels What I Need (Alabama Summer, #5) by J. Daniels All We Want (Alabama Summer, #6) by J. Daniels
Meghan Quinn
The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister by Meghan Quinn Diary of a Bad Boy by Meghan Quinn
Various authors (Penelope Douglas, L.A. Cotton, Tijan, Meagan Brandy, Ilsa Madden-Mills, Beth Ann Burgoon)
Credence by Penelope Douglas The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3) by L.A. Cotton Enemies by Tijan Fake It 'Til You Break It by Meagan Brandy Dear Ava by Ilsa Madden-Mills The Art of Holding On by Beth Ann Burgoon
Susan Dennard
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #0.5) by Susan Dennard Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard

message 49: by Quirks (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments How about the 24th for Bloodwitch?

message 50: by Quirks (last edited Jan 29, 2020 12:52PM) (new)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments @Jamie I asked Sarah and she suggested that we just read and review the omnibus edition and, with each one, read a short story. It only needs to be about 8 pages (over 2000 words) to complete the required page count. She gave links to some stories on smashwords.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.