YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Cyber Stalker - Chat - (Serious) ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Karen (last edited Feb 02, 2020 07:00AM) (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Team Cyber Stalker

❀ Crystal ✿ ✔
Mummy's Naughty Corner ✔
Clephiro ✔
Jaye ✔
Turniip ✔
Leah ✔
Karen ✔
Jennifer ✔
Ashy Khaira ✔
Team Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Each time you post a review on your team review thread, we will keep a tally of how many books have been read by that author, and once your team has read 5 or more, you will receive bonus points (at a rate of 10 bonus points per book).

message 2: by Karen (last edited Jan 26, 2020 08:26AM) (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Will take the next few days to have a proper look at planned BRs and what I have on various reading apps/physical books.
At the moment, I'm looking at bits on NetGalley that might not get us bonus points, but also: book 2 onwards Katherine Woodfine The Sinclair’s Mysteries 4 Books Collection Pack Set (The Midnight Peacock, The Painted Dragon, The Clockwork Sparrow, The Jewelled Moth) by Katherine Woodfine Deceptions (Cainsville, #3) by Kelley Armstrong and the rest of the series and some Rachel Caine, starting with Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4) by Rachel Caine

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments Checking in. Hi everyone! I plan on trying out A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle #1) by Libba Bray and Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout series.

For standalones Inappropriate by Vi Keeland Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland Repeat by Kylie Scott Thunderhead by Douglas Preston Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed if anyone wants to join.

Mummy and I also have a bunch of BRs setup so that’ll help a lot with points 😬

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments Karen wrote: "Will take the next few days to have a proper look at planned BRs and what I have on various reading apps/physical books.
At the moment, I'm looking at bits on NetGalley that might not get us bonus..."

I was planning on reading Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4) by Rachel Caine this week but I’ll hold off and join you Karen in case anyone else wants to read something by her, we’ll already have two! Do you want to set up a BR?

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
Checking in. Will sort out my list a bit later tonight, but like Crystal says we have loads of buddies set up so hopefully get some good points.

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2062 comments Checking in.

message 7: by Karen (last edited Jan 26, 2020 11:02AM) (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments ❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "Karen wrote: "Will take the next few days to have a proper look at planned BRs and what I have on various reading apps/physical books.
At the moment, I'm looking at bits on NetGalley that might no..."

Will do. I wanted to read it this week too, so are you okay for me to set it up from the 1st?
Requested - in mystery folder
link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Checking in. Will sort out my list a bit later tonight, but like Crystal says we have loads of buddies set up so hopefully get some good points."

I'll have a look at what you have planned too and try to hop in where possible. Am on the same team as Hannah and Wolf and they are fast - our BRs and working together to get those 5 authors will really help.

Karen wrote: "Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Checking in. Will sort out my list a bit later tonight, but like Crystal says we have loads of buddies set up so hopefully get some good points."

I'll have a look at..."

yeah I remember Hannah from the series challenge. I have a week off at the end of the month so that will help as I can read 2-3 books a day then. I think if we work together we can do it. You, Crystal and I are good and we can average around 90-100 just between us.

My Br

Non-Heir (The Black Mage, #0.5) by Rachel E. Carter First Year (The Black Mage, #1) by Rachel E. Carter whole series hopefully.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare the whole trilogy hopefully

Me and crystal will be doing

Consort of Secrets (The Witch's Consorts #1) by Eva Chase Touch Of Regret (The Collectors, #1) by Autumn Reed The Crane Diaries Homecoming by Apryl Baker Mother Dear by Nova Lee Maier Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1) by Shay Savage Island of the Dolls (World's Scariest Places #4) by Jeremy Bates

We might read Allison and the Torrid Tea Party (Harem of Hearts #2) by C.M. Stunich Allison Shatters the Looking-Glass (Harem of Hearts #3) by C.M. Stunich if crystal wants to continue.

I haven't got buddy's for these yet.

Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #2) by Annette Marie rest of series (6 books)
The Loyal Friend (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont Book 5) by Sarah Noffke rest of series (7 books)
Raised in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #2) by K.F. Breene rest of series (5 books)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments Karen wrote: "❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "Karen wrote: "Will take the next few days to have a proper look at planned BRs and what I have on various reading apps/physical books.
At the moment, I'm looking at bits on N..."

The first is perfect for me, thanks for setting it up!

message 12: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Berry | 865 comments Checking in! Hey guys :)

message 13: by Jaye (last edited Jan 26, 2020 10:58PM) (new)

Jaye Berry | 865 comments @crystal- I'd love to join you for Inappropriate by Vi Keeland

I'm still getting my tbr together but I'm trying to read all romance for feb

message 14: by janel (new)

janel (liiterary) | 450 comments Checking in! :)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments Jaye wrote: "@crystal- I'd love to join you for Inappropriate by Vi Keeland

I'm still getting my tbr together but I'm trying to read all romance for feb"

Sounds good Jaye any day after the 10th will work for me.

Okay looking at the other team this will be tough but hopefully we can be smart. They are planning a lot together. I think my plan is to work on the buddies. Hopefully having me and crystal on the same team that will be easy as we only have to read 5 books between us. I'm also going to work on a few longish series I have around the buddies. I have a few books I need to read for another group but I'll fit them in. Towards the middle of the month I'll pick books on what we need for bonus points. So with the Allison's books as it'll equal 4 books read between me and crystal I'll read another book by her to get the 5 books for the bonus points.

I have a funny feeling they will take the lead but we will be able to catch up.

message 17: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Love the strategy already! The more we can do together and pick up Br points and bonus author stalking points the better.

message 18: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2493 comments Good luck y'all!

Good luck Wolf. I think it'll be close this month.

message 20: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments checking in. Does anyone have anything planned? This is my plan so far, but I'm open to changing some of them up: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 21: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2493 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "Good luck Wolf. I think it'll be close this month."

I believe that as well.

message 22: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Berry | 865 comments Clephiro wrote: "checking in. Does anyone have anything planned? This is my plan so far, but I'm open to changing some of them up: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Here's my list- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...
BR Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn Dangerous Alliance An Austentacious Romance by Jennieke Cohen ?

message 23: by Linaria (new)

Linaria | 2189 comments Jaye wrote: "Clephiro wrote: "checking in. Does anyone have anything planned? This is my plan so far, but I'm open to changing some of them up: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...-..."

Let's do this.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments Anyone interested in Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1) by L.B. Dunbar ? Got a copy on audio so anytime before the 16th would work?!

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Checking in.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I have no idea what I'm reading this month.

Mummy - when you get to Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #6) by Annette Marie , let me know and I'll buddy with you. I love that series!

I warned Sarah that I wouldn't be reading my normal book a day this month. I have a lot going on this quarter and less reading time. Sorry! I'll should still do about 3 a week, but they may be sporadic.

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Away from pc until Sunday so I’ll amend the check-in details when I get back.

Jennifer wrote: "I have no idea what I'm reading this month.

Mummy - when you get to Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #6) by Annette Marie, let me know and I'll buddy with you. I love that series!

I warned Sarah that I w..."

Okay cool thanks. It'll probably be next week but I'll let you know.

message 29: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments Checking in

message 30: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83082 comments Mod
Great news, you're all checked in ☺

Yay a full team.

Great start guys.

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments So pleased we’ve got everyone signed in. It’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

As I thought they have taken the lead but not by much. I think it'll be down to whoever gets the bonus points first.

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Wolf and Hannah read fast. They don’t tend to do many BRs but will probably pick up bonus points on their own. Don’t fret. I think we read as we feel to start - can always jump onto an author to finish stuff off if we need to. 27days is a long time...

It is and that's true, just need to make sure they don't go ahead by too much. I'm deep into a series which I'm enjoying so hopefully can get bonus points up soon. Just need to get a few buddies done first lol. I was hoping to get one done tonight but thanks to college work it'll be finished tomorrow night. not next week but the week after I'm off work so I'll do lots of reading then.

message 36: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments I’m trying to chip away at buddies, but also working on getting bonus points with a couple of authors. Maybe consider getting more tactical in a few days-if a few of us chose to BR the same book we’d pick up points quickly. Worth thinking about?

It is. One of my buddies is book 2 of a trilogy which I'm budding with Crystal so that will help. I already have 3 books by one author as they are nice and quick. Hoping to get 2 more read by the weekend. It's just annoying me as I have less time at the beginning of the week and all i want to do is read but life wont let me lol.

message 38: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Tell me about it! I live for my day off on Friday when I feel justified spending a lot of time reading...

I'm supposed to get one day a week off for studying but I might not be getting it this week and I hate it lol. I do study and have audios going at the same time. It was supposed to be today but because of meetings and being short staffed I was in work. i want Friday off but they are saying they aren't sure.

message 40: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Once the posts are updated I think we have 3 hits for Christina Lauren. Is anyone up for sorting a BR for Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren

message 41: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Will finish Autoboyography today and that’ll get us bonus points for Christina Lauren. I’ll keep chipping away at Josephine Angelini-can get five done easily. Will then see what BRs I can join for additional points. What’s everyone else got planned?

Got the day off work so 3 day weekend. got two big br to post reviews for. Going to get the Sarah Noffke points done so that's 2 books and have a few shorter buddies to read. should have a good amount to post up before Monday.

Good work Karen.

message 44: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Like we said, Mummy’s Naughty Corner, we have to try to not let them get too far ahead and just try to match up points where we can.

Yeah. It's still early but they are pulling away a bit. Dani is a very strong reader too. Once we get the bonus points it should be better. Plus they have a bonus but I'm not sure if Maddie has put it on right so they may get more points.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments I have six (hopefully) to post today so that’ll give us a nice little bump 😬
Also starting Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky, #1) by Kristen Proby and Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus this weekend for another challenge if anyone would like to join in!!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7660 comments Think this is everything I’ll be trying to read this month... https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

This weekend I'm working on

Touch Of Regret (The Collectors, #1) by Autumn Reed Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Crane Diaries Homecoming by Apryl Baker

The ferocious Force and The passionate Delegate (they aren't coming up on the system at this moment.)

Good job guys. We have caught back up only about 60 points in it. I am going to get Sarah Noffke to 5 books today so as long as they don't post too many books we should be level. Plus me and Crystal are working through our buddies so hopefully next week we will have a few more authors on 5.

message 50: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10083 comments Amazing effort guys! We just need to keep plugging away for the 5 author bonus points, and try to hit BRs too. I’m going to get another Angelini one done today (up to 3) and should finish Steelheart BR. Also have plenty of Lauren Oliver to work on -unless anyone wants to hop on and set up a BR?

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.