YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Lovestruck S - Chat (M) ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 273 (273 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Feb 03, 2020 06:52PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22812 comments Mod
Team Lovestruck S.:
Ashleigh ✔
Maddie ✔
Ritika ✔
Sibil ✔
Carolyn ✔
Abby ✔
Anna 'Bookbuyer' ✔
Jacquelyn ✔
Carolina ✔

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

PLEASE CHECK IN BY FEBRUARY 1ST 2020!

Hi Team

message 3: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1712 comments Hello everyone!

Hi!

I'm currently watching Merlin and I'm going to start to figure out some books I'll be reading in Feb. Not great at sticking to plans but I'll really try this month. :)

message 6: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1712 comments I'm trying to figure out a list, too but I'm in a strange mood and it seems like I can't decide on anything at the moment.
But there are some series that I want to continue or start, so if someone is thinking about reading something written by one of these authors let me know!
Anne Bishop
A. Sapkowski
Patricia Briggs
Ilona Andrews
Seanan McGuire
Anne Aguirre
Sébastien De Castell
Michael J. Sullivan
David Dalglish
Faith Hunter
Darynda Jones
MaryJanice Davidson

message 7: by Carolina (last edited Jan 26, 2020 09:45AM) (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Hi! Checking in!

Also, trying to keep up with the theme, I'm planing on reading:

1) "The Witchlands Series" by Susan Dennard:
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard

2) Some books by Taylor Jenkins Reid:
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

3) If possible, start the "Wayward Children Series" by Seanan McGuire:
Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire

4) I'll also read some graphic novels, but I don't think they receive bonus points and I'm not sure that they count for the theme of the challenge (same author)
Fables, Vol. 8 Wolves by Bill Willingham Fables, Vol. 9 Sons of Empire by Bill Willingham The Faust Act (The Wicked + The Divine #1) by Kieron Gillen Fandemonium (The Wicked + The Divine #2) by Kieron Gillen

I know it's ambitious and reading all these series will also depend on if I'll like the first book of each one, but this is it.

message 8: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 3318 comments Hi team :)

message 9: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1712 comments @Carolina I have Thrutwitch on my eReader and I was seriously thinking about dismissing it but if you are reading it I can give it a try!
And I love that series by McGuire! I have read the first two and this is the perfect excuse to continue it!

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Sibil wrote: "I'm trying to figure out a list, too but I'm in a strange mood and it seems like I can't decide on anything at the moment.
But there are some series that I want to continue or start, so if someone ..."

Normally I would jump on the Anne Bishop but I re-read her Other series too often for it to count. I might take a look at her other books though.

I need to double check the re-read dates but I was hoping to read Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs because her new book comes out the 10th of March.

I have a few Ilona Andrews I also need to read.

message 11: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1712 comments Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Sibil wrote: "I'm trying to figure out a list, too but I'm in a strange mood and it seems like I can't decide on anything at the moment.
But there are some series that I want to continue or start, ..."

The Others! 😍 I was thinking about starting this series Sebastian (Die dunklen Welten #1) by Anne Bishop or re-reading Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1) by Anne Bishop because I read it years ago and now I don't remember a lot. If you find something by her that you want to read let me know so I'll read something too!

And I have both Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs and Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs waiting for me, so I would definitely read them in February!

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

IKR? Sooooooooooooooooo good. I still have to read Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7) by Anne Bishop this month or next month but it won't count. It's my one book I'm allowing myself.

Awesome! I'm doing a whole re-read. I think I'll try it on audio but I also have them at the library I think. So I can read them if I can't listen. :)

message 13: by Sibil (new)

Sibil | 1712 comments Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "IKR? Sooooooooooooooooo good. I still have to read Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7) by Anne Bishop this month or next month but it won't count. It's my one book I'm allowing myself.

Awesome! I'm doing a whole ..."

I hope you would love it!!!
And that's great, so we can have some bonus point for Patricia Briggs (and I can use it as an excuse to continue some series, because series are my weakest point! I start a ton of them and then I struggle to continue them all!)

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Sadly neither of her spin off books are great. I think I actually perfer Lake Silence but they are still good. Just nowhere near the her main series.

Same here. I usually end up finishing them eventually but if I don't read them all at once some just languish.

message 15: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47757 comments Mod
Hello team!

I know Ashleigh and I plan on reading a bunch of CoHo because they're quick. We all need to read and read at least 5 books for the same author within the group so that we get bonus points. So this is a big team challenge where we gotta work together. Personally Ash and I are doing 4 CoHo books each ourselves this month, as well as a Christina Lauren. So if anyone is interested we'll definitely need the bonus points.

TBR:
A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover Confess by Colleen Hoover Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover November 9 by Colleen Hoover Without Merit by Colleen Hoover All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams The Other People by C.J. Tudor Elantris (Elantris, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

message 16: by Maddie (new)

I highly doubt I'll get all of them done, especially as it'll be first month of proper full-time work, but I tend to speed through contemporaries so fingers crossed!

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "Hello team!

I know Ashleigh and I plan on reading a bunch of CoHo because they're quick. We all need to read and read at least 5 books for the same author within the group so that we get bonus poi..."

I'll see if I like any Colleen Hover books. Not a great fan of contemporary but there might be a short audio I could try. :)

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I could try Never Never if my library has it. It's at least paranormal. :)

message 19: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Sibil wrote: "@Carolina I have Thrutwitch on my eReader and I was seriously thinking about dismissing it but if you are reading it I can give it a try!
And I love that series by McGuire! I have read the first tw..."

That's perfect! We can ask for BRs for this. When it's best for you?

message 20: by Maddie (new)

@Anna: I'm not re-reading Never Never, I didn't like that at all and I don't count it as a CoHo :p

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jan 26, 2020 01:23PM) (new)

Ah. Are there any others of her that are not strictly contemporary?

message 22: by Maddie (new)

I'm also reading:
First Year (The Black Mage, #1) by Rachel E. Carter (which is on KU) and Kingdom of Ash and Briars (The Nissera Chronicles, #1) by Hannah West

If anyone wants to BR any of those I'd love you! I feel like it'll be hard to get bonus points in this challenge..

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I think I have at least one of the Rachel E Carter books. I'll check in a bit.

message 24: by Maddie (new)

There is Verity but that's not on my list to BR. But I mean you can read whatever CoHo you'd like, we just gotta get the bonus points

Perfect! I'm planning on doing #1 and #0.5

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Surprisingly Verity doesn't sound too bad. I'm not usually into thrillers but I'll try this if I have the audio available. :)

message 26: by Maddie (new)

It wasn't like a proper thriller, but is was a very crazy ride! I could almost re-do it, but I don't have time XD Or money to buy it. I'm collecting CoHo this year

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I think this challenge will work best with an SS so I made a simple one. Let me know if it doesn't work or what I can change. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "It wasn't like a proper thriller, but is was a very crazy ride! I could almost re-do it, but I don't have time XD Or money to buy it. I'm collecting CoHo this year"

Good to know!

I am reluctant to MAKE brs as I just suck at keeping them. Hopefully someone else will make a thread and I can jump in. :)

message 29: by Maddie (new)

How does that work? Like what do we put where?

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Maddie wrote: "It wasn't like a proper thriller, but is was a very crazy ride! I could almost re-do it, but I don't have time XD Or money to buy it. I'm collecting CoHo this year"

Good to know!

I..."

Oh yeah me too but I keep on doing it constantly every month. Hopefully people don't hate me by now :p

message 31: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "How does that work? Like what do we put where?"

I figured we could put the Author on the left and the book we are reading. Then check the box with your name and then you can 'color' it with CR, Finished, Reviwed, Posted. When the 5th person has read a book we will mark it as Y and maybe color it a different color or 'scratch' it?

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Maddie wrote: "It wasn't like a proper thriller, but is was a very crazy ride! I could almost re-do it, but I don't have time XD Or money to buy it. I'm collecting CoHo thi..."

I honestly think I'm worse. I barely even ever show up. :/ I am really trying though to do better though. lol.

I'll take a look at the BR threads and see what we might be able to all join in on. There were some good ones I saw last I looked.

message 33: by Maddie (new)

I was thinking maybe we could also colour code the authors? I know that's tricky though XD Just so it's clear how many books by each author we've read?

Especially with my full-time work, I've got no time. Only reason why I went challenge is because of the CoHo and I know that I speed through her books

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "I was thinking maybe we could also colour code the authors? I know that's tricky though XD Just so it's clear how many books by each author we've read?

Especially with my full-time work, I've got ..."

I think I can do it. Just have to remember how. I'll try it with Colleen Hoover.

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I think I did it. I'll fiddle with it to be sure.

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

It's good. I'll change the colors as we add more. ^_^

message 37: by Maddie (new)

Okay awesome! Thanks! I'm definitely starting the month off with Confess, so I'll add that now. I'm so glad the 1st and 2nd are weekend days! I'll try and complete Confess then.

I also have the 6th off for a public holiday, which is a Thursday, so I'll get some reading in then. Although I'm not sure how much reading I get done during the weekdays anymore as I leave at 7am and get home at 6.30pm. Then it's basically dinner, and then an hour or two of chill time before I sleep. And that includes mod stuff in there as well.

message 38: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Hey, Team! I'm checking in. I'm planning on reading these books/authors:
-Supernova by Marissa Meyer (I'm reading the other two now.)
-The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
-The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
-Some Jodi Picoult novels (Can't remember the titles of the ones I picked out)
-The Selection series by Kiera Cass
-Some Sarah Dessen books (Can't remember the titles I picked out)
-The Siren by Kiera Cass
-9 Days and 9 Nights by Katie Cotugno (I read the first book in January, so I want to finish the duology.
If anybody wants to buddy read any of these books with me, just tell me. I know I won't be able to read all these books, though. School and sports weighs me down some.

message 39: by Maddie (new)

I need to buy and read Winter, but that won't be for a good while. I also have some Picoult but no time left for those hefty books.

One thing I dislike about adult novels is they're all really similar length and font and font size. It's frustrating why they can't have bigger fonts

message 40: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "Okay awesome! Thanks! I'm definitely starting the month off with Confess, so I'll add that now. I'm so glad the 1st and 2nd are weekend days! I'll try and complete Confess then.

I also have the 6t..."

Okay cool. ^_^

message 41: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Carolyn wrote: "Hey, Team! I'm checking in. I'm planning on reading these books/authors:
-Supernova by Marissa Meyer (I'm reading the other two now.)
-The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
-The Anatomical Shape ..."

I might read some Marissa Meyer and Kiera Cass. I don't know how much I'll be able to read this month though so I can't commit. :)

message 42: by Maddie (last edited Jan 26, 2020 03:22PM) (new)

Seems like we're all a little unsure.

I can't believe the number of fun teams in Feb!

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Maddie wrote: "Seems like we're all a little unsure.

I can't believe the number of fun teams in Feb!"

4 is a lot considering how many people are usually on a fun team. O.o

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Yeah!

I'll just really have to see what happens next month. I've been enjoying my other hobbies at the moment as well

Also I'm glad we're on the Lovestruck team XD It's the one I find the least offensive

message 45: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Same. I'm just happy I am reading more now. But that's been when I can read whatever I want.

I wouldn't mind some of the others but some I would definitely not want to be called. :P

message 46: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hi everyone!

message 47: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Hi Abby! :)

message 48: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments It took me a moment to understand why all the teams had stalker in the title.

@Bookbuyer- I love Marissa Meyer so much! She's my all-time favourite author.

message 49: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Now we only need 2! Woohoo! GJ team!

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Carolyn wrote: "It took me a moment to understand why all the teams had stalker in the title.

@Bookbuyer- I love Marissa Meyer so much! She's my all-time favourite author."

I like her. I would say she is in my top 100? I loved Cinder but some of her other books have fallen a bit flat for me.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.