Reading Women discussion

Reading Women for Children

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Majo (last edited Jan 26, 2020 05:35AM) (new)

Majo | 2 comments Does anyone have specific recommendation for good children's books that fit this challenge? I'd like to do as many books from this challenge as possible with my daughter. She loves graphic novels and is reading chapter books at a 2nd grade level, though she likes a challenge. I saw Yayoi Kusama: From Here to Infinity suggested for under 100 pages and I realized this one she would love as she likes Yayoi Kusama's art, which gave me the idea of reading books she might find approachable and that we could both read.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 40 comments The Pandava series would fit task #1. I read these aloud to my son last year when he was in 3rd grade. Aru Shah and the End of Time These would also fit task #9, I think.

Hey, Water! by Antoinette Portis could fit task # 3

The Proudest Blue for task #4

Viva Frida for task 10.

This series is a graphic/comic and is super cute. By a Japanese author and set in Japan for task 14: The Complete Chi's Sweet Home, Part 1

message 3: by Tracy (last edited Jan 30, 2020 08:12AM) (new)

Tracy (tracyisreading) | 19 comments This is a fantastic idea! I did a childrens picture book challenge and a middle grade challenge with the ATY prompts 2 years ago with my girls and we had SO MUCH FUN!! Good luck!

message 4: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Johnson | 53 comments Majo wrote: "Does anyone have specific recommendation for good children's books that fit this challenge? I'd like to do as many books from this challenge as possible with my daughter. She loves graphic novels a..."

There is a series of children's books under the theme 'little people big dreams' - she may like one of those that could tick off many of the categories biography/picturebook/history/artist/