What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Woman Runs Away With A Baby. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (goodreadscomebony) | 2 comments I read this book around 2015-2016. It was authored by a woman and I distinctly remember that the cover art was mostly done in reds and black, although I cannot remember exactly what the art depicted.
The storyline was very exciting all the way through to the end of the book. I remember that I practically read it in 48 hours or so on my summer vacation. I was glued to the book from page one!
The plot is that a women ‘kidnaps’ her baby and the baby’s father is after her to get the baby back.
The story is way more complicated than that simple storyline.

Basically, the woman is caring for someone else’s child. If I remember correctly it was her sister’s child, but I could be mistaken and maybe it was her good friend’s child.
In any event it was not her own baby. One night, men burst in to her apartment and she realizes that she and the baby are in trouble, so she goes on the run.
If I remember correctly, there is a strong, handsome man, who she is at first frightened of but who later gains her trust and proves to be a true ally.
For a good portion of the book, the woman and the baby (and the man, maybe?) are running and hiding from the baby’s deranged, religious fanatical family.
It would be fabulous if someone could help me find the title and author of this book.
Thank you.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16939 comments Was this romance genre?

Or more of a thriller?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (goodreadscomebony) | 2 comments It was more of a thriller, but if I remember correctly it had a tiny bit of romance in it too.