What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA ww2 historical fic girl becomes spy, romance w reporter(?)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by seph (new)

seph (seph-reads) | 16 comments prob written 2010-2015, it's about a girl during world war two, maybe an actress? who becomes a spy and falls in love with a dude who i believe was a reporter, i know it had 2+ books but i only read the first.
it's NOT girl in blue or girl in the blue coat
i think the cover is mostly black with red accents.

message 2: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (emilierose) | 139 comments this reminds me a bit of The Girl is Murder. not all of it. the MC isnt a spy or actress, but instead a private eye. But the publishing date is right, it is set during, or maybe right after WWII and the cover image matches.

message 3: by seph (new)

seph (seph-reads) | 16 comments hm, not that one, i believe the MC was somewhere between 17-22? definitely on the older side of YA

message 4: by Lee Anne (new)

Lee Anne (ladyofrohan2995) | 182 comments Possibly Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1) by Anne Blankman

message 5: by seph (new)

seph (seph-reads) | 16 comments Lee Anne wrote: "Possibly Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1) by Anne Blankman"

nope! not this one either, she didn't have any ties to hitler

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16939 comments Are you sure it was YA and not adult fiction?

message 7: by Anastasia (last edited Feb 05, 2020 05:57PM) (new)

Anastasia (anastasiavito) | 13 comments Could it be Code Name Verity? Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

message 8: by seph (new)

seph (seph-reads) | 16 comments it was YA, and it was not code name verity, it was way less mainstream than that

message 9: by Kris (last edited Feb 08, 2020 03:06PM) (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
seph, what skills does she use as a spy? Can you describe some of her missions? Who does she work for? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

message 10: by seph (new)

seph (seph-reads) | 16 comments she's a renowned actress and her roles lead her to interact with influential people on the german's side. she has a love interest who is a reporter who she "works for" he helps her know what to say and where to go. it's not a full on spy book, more following the trope of "no one suspects the woman" if you know what i mean.

message 11: by Stella❤️ (new)

Stella❤️ 孔凡星 (stella_conway6) | 58 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Is it Black Roses by Jane Thynne? This book is about a British actress who goes to Berlin and meets the wife of a Nazi, I believe. The love interest works for the British intelligence and the book was published around 2013.

message 12: by seph (new)

seph (seph-reads) | 16 comments nope :/ not that one either, thank you though!!!!