Play Book Tag discussion

Dark Matter
This topic is about Dark Matter
January 2020: Thriller > Dark Matter - Blake Crouch - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki | 661 comments This was great fun - both full of suspense and surprisingly heart-warming. It’s a fast and captivating read - I devoured it in a single day. Yes, it requires a willingness to suspend disbelief, but the dramatic setup pulls you in, and the story explores some interesting questions about identity and how our lives are shaped by the choices we make. I won’t go into more detail since I don’t want to include any spoilers, but this got quite a few audible reactions from me – at least one stunned gasp, a couple of laughs-out-loud, and possibly even an awwww or two.

Shelly | 532 comments great review, this is exactly how I felt when reading it. Fun and thought-provoking while still keeping it light.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (jentrewren) | 494 comments I loved this one last year too. Think I have a new favourite author as I also just read and loved Recursion. Now for the Wayward Pines series.

message 4: by Nicole R (new) - added it

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments I keep saying that I want to get to this one but have not yet done so. Too many books and too little time!

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2191 comments I just read this for the Jan tag and challenge. I agree - it was a 5 star read for me.

message 6: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2222 comments I meant to read it for January and didn't get to it - but it's right up the list!

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2191 comments KateNZ wrote: "I meant to read it for January and didn't get to it - but it's right up the list!"

It might, maybe, fit for survival?

message 8: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2222 comments Barbara M wrote: "KateNZ wrote: "I meant to read it for January and didn't get to it - but it's right up the list!"

It might, maybe, fit for survival?"

I was seriously wondering that! I'll read it anyhow and find out :)

annapi | 4917 comments Dark Matter was tagged survival by 29 people - it's on page 2, third column.

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (jentrewren) | 494 comments annapi wrote: "Dark Matter was tagged survival by 29 people - it's on page 2, third column."

Enjoy, it is fab!

Nikki | 661 comments Yes, survival would definitely be appropriate! Glad to see so many others enjoying this. It just passed a tricky test in my house - I passed it on to my husband and although he did (inevitably) come up with a couple of logical holes in the plot, he also agreed that he enjoyed it and it was better than he'd expected :-)