Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > (Poll Ballot) The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (last edited Jan 25, 2020 08:56PM) (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 315 comments COMPLETED
Indiana: Auto racing
first book listed on tag https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein 4 stars

This is the story of a family, from the beginning, through life, death and a struggle to stay together. The family dog, Enzo, is the narrator and does a great job of telling the story. The book is captivating and full of racing metaphors. The story has it all, joy, sadness, frustration and victory. It is really well written, and was really hard for me to put down. I stayed up way too late more than one night while reading this. I really enjoyed it,. You don't have to be a racing fan, or even know anything about auto racing to read this one. In fact, you could learn a few things about auto racing from this.

message 2: by NancyJ (last edited Jan 26, 2020 04:57AM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5584 comments I absolutely adore this book. I agree, it has it all. I’ve read it twice and it was just as engrossing the second time. It generated a fun book club discussion in a coed session too. I loved the dog Enzo.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments I have this one lined up-not sure when I will get to it but your review
tempts me to move it up

message 4: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 315 comments NancyJ wrote: "I absolutely adore this book. I agree, it has it all. I’ve read it twice and it was just as engrossing the second time. It generated a fun book club discussion in a coed session too. I loved the do..."

This is my F2F (coed) book group book for this month. I am looking forward to the discussion! Have you watched the movie? I'm thinking I should add it to my netflix queue.

message 5: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2275 comments Put me in the plus side for this book - highly recommended

message 6: by NancyJ (last edited Jan 26, 2020 03:30PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5584 comments Lyn wrote: "NancyJ wrote: "I absolutely adore this book. I agree, it has it all. I’ve read it twice and it was just as engrossing the second time. It generated a fun book club discussion in a coed session too...."

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I feel like I have because i can picture the actors in key scenes. (view spoiler)