Horror Aficionados discussion

Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
This topic is about Crooked River
65 views
Buddy Reads > Crooked River - Preston & Child

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Ginger | 3282 comments Come join for a buddy read in February as soon as the newest Pendergast book is released.

Crooked River is released around February 4th so we'll be starting after that or as soon as the library can give us our holds. Hurry up library!


message 2: by Atl (new)

Atl (dark_leo) | 271 comments I need to get caught up, I’ve only read the first!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ready to read, now!

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!


message 4: by Ginger (last edited Jan 25, 2020 08:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ginger | 3282 comments Atl wrote: "I need to get caught up, I’ve only read the first!"

You’ve got some serious catching up to do Atl! 🤣😂


Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "Ready to read, now!

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!"


Me too!


Terry | 4867 comments Hoping for a throwback Pendergast story this time!


message 7: by Kasia (new) - added it

Kasia (kasia_s) | 3115 comments Mod
so jelly, just finished book #11


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Looks like Coldmoon is back!


Ginger | 3282 comments Woot!!! I love Coldmoon. He’s a great character.
So looking forward to reading this!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ginger wrote: "Woot!!! I love Coldmoon. He’s a great character.
So looking forward to reading this!"


Woot, indeed!😃😃😃


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: "Ginger wrote: "Woot!!! I love Coldmoon. He’s a great character.
So looking forward to reading this!"

Woot, indeed!😃😃😃"


There you go, throwback already!


Ginger | 3282 comments Terry wrote: "There you go, throwback already!"

Getting ready for the throwback! :D


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments The only "back" I want is Smith"back" 😢😢😢


message 14: by Ginger (last edited Jan 29, 2020 09:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "The only "back" I want is Smith"back" 😢😢😢"

Oh snap! (view spoiler)


Terry | 4867 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "The only "back" I want is Smith"back" 😢😢😢"

Oh snap! [spoilers removed]"


😂🤣

I agree Ginger, that is surprising, really.


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments My library opened 6 minutes ago . . . they better be processing my copy right now! :)


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: "My library opened 6 minutes ago . . . they better be processing my copy right now! :)"

I’m hoping you have better luck than with Verses for the Dead!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "My library opened 6 minutes ago . . . they better be processing my copy right now! :)"

I’m hoping you have better luck than with Verses for the Dead!"


I remembered I had to wait for one, but couldn't remember which. If it was Verses for the Dead, I intentionally forgot that! :)


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "My library opened 6 minutes ago . . . they better be processing my copy right now! :)"

I’m hoping you have better luck than with Verses for the Dead!"

I remembered I..."


Haha, sorry for the bad memories! Thinking positive thoughts this time around.


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments I am sitting here clicking refresh on my library account every 5 minutes!


message 21: by Ginger (last edited Feb 04, 2020 06:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "I am sitting here clicking refresh on my library account every 5 minutes!"

Hahaha! My library isn't open yet so I'll have to wait a few hours.
Hoping I get it soon though! =)


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: ""

Awesome!


message 24: by Ginger (last edited Feb 04, 2020 11:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: ""

Awesome!! Woohoo!! I'm glad one of us has it so far.
If you want to start, go ahead. I don't want to keep everyone waiting.

I'm hoping they process FAST.


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: ""

Awesome!! Woohoo!! I'm glad one of us has it so far.
If you want to start, go ahead. I don't want to keep everyone waiting.

I'm hoping they process FAST."


Actually, I already finished ;)


Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "Actually, I already finished ;)"

Holy smokes, how was it?!! :D


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ginger wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Actually, I already finished ;)"

Holy smokes, how was it?!! :D"


You know I am joking, right? ;)

If I didn't have to work today, maybe . . .


Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "You know I am joking, right? ;)

If I didn't have to work today, maybe . . ."


Wha?! You're joking. You didn't just read a 400+ page book in 10 minutes?! ;) hahaha

I just checked my library hold. I don't even think they have processed it yet. WTF?!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ginger wrote: "Wha?! You're joking. You didn't just read a 400+ page book in 10 minutes?! ;) hahaha."

Well . . . you never know . . . I thought maybe you were overestimating my abilities! :D


Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "Well . . . you never know . . . I thought maybe you were overestimating my abilities! :D"

Hahaha!


message 31: by Terry (last edited Feb 04, 2020 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terry | 4867 comments I’m good to wait and start when everyone has it, so I guess we’re just waiting on Ginger’s copy to arrive.


Ginger | 3282 comments Terry wrote: "I’m good to wait and start when everyone has it, so I guess we’re just waiting on Ginger’s copy to arrive."

Good news! My copy just arrived since I bought it. HA!

I'm not waiting on the library. I'm using a juicy justification and just saying it's an "early birthday present". LMAO

So, I'm ready to start if you both are! :D


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Ha! I was just coming to post to see if you had any luck! Great timing - let's do this!


message 34: by Ginger (last edited Feb 04, 2020 06:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "Ha! I was just coming to post to see if you had any luck! Great timing - let's do this!"

No luck. They haven't even processed the new books yet. I don't have the patience. hahaha

Woohoo!! Super excited to start!


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: "Ha! I was just coming to post to see if you had any luck! Great timing - let's do this!"

Excellent! I’ll start on it tomorrow.


Ginger | 3282 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ha! I was just coming to post to see if you had any luck! Great timing - let's do this!"

Excellent! I’ll start on it tomorrow."


Great!!!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ha! I was just coming to post to see if you had any luck! Great timing - let's do this!"

Excellent! I’ll start on it tomorrow."


Wait . . . now I have to wait until tomorrow! 😉


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: "Terry wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ha! I was just coming to post to see if you had any luck! Great timing - let's do this!"

Excellent! I’ll start on it tomorrow."

Wait . . . now I have to wait until t..."


No way, jump right in!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Started! Pretty weird stuff is "afoot" right off the bat!


Terry | 4867 comments Kinda forgot about the Chief’s parade today...may not get a bunch of reading done...


Ginger | 3282 comments Terry wrote: "Kinda forgot about the Chief’s parade today...may not get a bunch of reading done..."

And speaking about the Chief's, congrats to your team on getting it done this year!! Woohoo!


Terry | 4867 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Kinda forgot about the Chief’s parade today...may not get a bunch of reading done..."

And speaking about the Chief's, congrats to your team on getting it done this year!! Woohoo!"


Thanks! It was a lot of fun after my heart started beating again at the end of that game 😂


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Go Bengals in 2020-21 - at least we have the number one pick! :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Ginger, I am headed your way in June. An old friend of mine invited me to the kickoff concert for Alanis Morissette in Ridgefield, WA on June 2nd. So, I am flying in to Sea-Tac on June 2nd, and flying back on June 3rd. I am calling it my "Mid-Life Crisis Concert Tour" since it is all people I listened to and saw in concert in the 90s and now I am just randomly flying almost 2000 miles for one day to see them!


Terry | 4867 comments Matthew wrote: "Go Bengals in 2020-21 - at least we have the number one pick! :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Ginger, I am headed your way in June. An old friend of mine invited me to the kickoff concert for Alan..."


Sounds like a blast, Matthew!


message 45: by Ginger (last edited Feb 05, 2020 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ginger | 3282 comments Matthew wrote: "Go Bengals in 2020-21 - at least we have the number one pick! :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Ginger, I am headed your way in June. An old friend of mine invited me to the kickoff concert for Alan..."


Nice!! I would love to meet you if you can make the time but if you don't, rock on! That concert sounds awesome!!
Cheers to a mid-life crisis! hahaha


Ginger | 3282 comments Terry wrote: "Thanks! It was a lot of fun after my heart started beating again at the end of that game 😂"

Jesus, they have to be behind to win, right?! Hahaha
I can't imagine being a Chiefs fan this year in the playoffs. They destroyed your heart Terry. =) LOL!


Terry | 4867 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "Thanks! It was a lot of fun after my heart started beating again at the end of that game 😂"

Jesus, they have to be behind to win, right?! Hahaha
I can't imagine being a Chiefs fan th..."


Definitely, although I’ll take the final outcome without complaint!


Shaina (shainlockholmes) | 245 comments Oh no! Did you think I wouldn’t be here!!!!???


Shaina (shainlockholmes) | 245 comments Mine is coming via mail but I’m trying to get a library copy, audible copy, or something else until then. I’m so excited !!!


Matthew (funkygman007) | 967 comments Shaina wrote: "Oh no! Did you think I wouldn’t be here!!!!???"

Welcome back! I don't think we knew who would be here! :)

There is always a chance that the usual suspects will come by!


« previous 1 3
back to top