How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

General > The Best Free And Paid Websites For Authors To Promote Their Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 9 comments Hi guys, because so many authors asked, I teamed up with fellow writers and we all contributed to this massive article which I called Best free and paid websites authors can use to promote their books. It’s hopefully going to help you discover new ways to market your books effectively because we’ve all shared our experiences promoting our books on different platforms including what worked and what didn’t.

I’m dropping a link hoping that it doesn’t go against the rules of this page. The purpose here is to help others, not self promote, especially since so many authors (including bestselling, award winning and indies) have contributed to this piece. It was hard work and I thank you all for your support. For more goodies, you can find me on my blog or YouTube channel :)

Dropping link:
https://estherrabbit.com/the-best-fre...

message 2: by Clare (last edited Jan 26, 2020 04:39AM) (new)

Clare O'Beara | 188 comments Many thanks for this very helpful post.
I would add to it that some authors have found a good following on Pinterest (with a link to their website) is a sales booster or at least boosts traffic to their site. Author Carolyn Wilhelm
Carolyn Wilhelm tells me having thousands of followers on Pinterest was what gave her the advantage over other authors to get a book promoted by another body.

I would also comment that, while the authors you worked with are promoting other authors, many authors send out newsletters asking everyone to pre-order their books and to have hundreds of reviews posted in the first two weeks of release - but have themselves written no book reviews.
What goes around comes around.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 188 comments Further to the above, I recommend Fresh Fiction. This is a family-run media website based in Texas. They accept an author listing and book listing and post book reviews by their reviewers ( I am one) with no charge. They also accept paid ads for books.

http://freshfiction.com/pick.php?id=5...

message 4: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 9 comments Clare wrote: "Many thanks for this very helpful post.
I would add to it that some authors have found a good following on Pinterest (with a link to their website) is a sales booster or at least boosts traffic to..."

That's so true. Mutual support is growth and we should be supportive of each other as much as we can. That said, I'm extending an invitation to interview all people on this thread. I have a special section on my blog dedicated to interviews, so feel free to message me via my author website with the caption AUTHOR INTERVIEW if interested!

message 5: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 9 comments Clare wrote: "Further to the above, I recommend Fresh Fiction. This is a family-run media website based in Texas. They accept an author listing and book listing and post book reviews by their reviewers ( I am on..."

Thank you so much for your input. I'll message them shortly :)

message 6: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 169 comments Thank you Esther for this very helpful article.

message 7: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 9 comments Rita wrote: "Thank you Esther for this very helpful article."

Thank you for stopping by :)

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carolyn Wilhelm (other topics)