Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 80k Cosmic Horror/Dark Fantasy Completed Novel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (phoenixfirerose) | 6 comments Hello readers, thank you for reading my thread. I am looking for beta readers for my 80k completed novel, Afterworld: Celestial. It is the first book in its series and is a hybrid of cosmic horror and dark fantasy, inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's mythos (my novel has its own mythos and does not use Cthulhu or anything he established for his mythos). The story is told from the perspective of two main characters and includes supernatural creatures and themes. Here is the current blurb.

Death was not the end.

Two men must face their destiny to change the course of the universe.

London, 1895. Researcher Lucerne Winters wanted nothing more than to be the husband and father he had always dreamed of. But when an opportunity to explore the existence of another world presents itself, Lucerne cannot resist. In the midst of an experiment, catastrophe strikes – and Lucerne wakes to find himself trapped on a hostile alien world called the Void, now separated from his family by the boundary of life and death. With his mind tormented by terrors, Lucerne must find a way to return to his loved ones and stop the eldritch monsters of the Void from consuming all life beyond the stars.

In a startling discovery, eccentric Dr. Haliastur’s dark sacrifice brings forth slumbering cosmic horrors from beyond our world. Their intentions mysterious and their power unfathomable, they arrive to lead humanity toward another destiny. As their influence grows, Dr. Haliastur begins a descent into the madness of learning the unknowable. Struggling with a vision of the end of the world, he entrusts its fate to creatures humanity was never meant to meet.

message 2: by Christian (new)

Christian Cura | 26 comments Hi Jennifer, your novel sounds interesting. Can you send me the first three chapters? My email address is depanocura@gmail.com.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (phoenixfirerose) | 6 comments Christian wrote: "Hi Jennifer, your novel sounds interesting. Can you send me the first three chapters? My email address is depanocura@gmail.com."

Hi Christian, I have sent you the first few chapters via email. Thank you for your interest.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (phoenixfirerose) | 6 comments Continuing to seek beta readers.

message 5: by Ruaridh (new)

Ruaridh | 1 comments Hello Jennifer,
This looks fascinating, I'm a huge fan of this genre and would love to have a look at it.

Please send to ruaridhjestewart@gmail.com, I will try to get my notes to you by end of March if that's ok?

Is there any specific aspects about Afterworld: Celestial you would like me to focus on and critique?

Thanks, and look forward to reading!#
- Ruaridh

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (phoenixfirerose) | 6 comments Ruaridh wrote: "Hello Jennifer,
This looks fascinating, I'm a huge fan of this genre and would love to have a look at it.

Please send to ruaridhjestewart@gmail.com, I will try to get my notes to you by end of Ma..."

Hi Ruaridh,

Thank you for your interest in beta reading my novel. I have sent you an email!