Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > The Best Free And Paid Websites For Authors To Promote Their Books

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Hi guys, because so many authors asked, I teamed up with fellow writers and we all contributed to this massive article which I called Best free and paid websites authors can use to promote their books. It’s hopefully going to help you discover new ways to market your books effectively because we’ve all shared our experiences promoting our books on different platforms including what worked and what didn’t.

I’m dropping a link hoping that it doesn’t go against the rules of this page. The purpose here is to help others, not self promote, especially since so many authors (including bestselling, award winning and indies) have contributed to this piece. It was hard work and I thank you all for your support. For more goodies, you can find me on my blog or YouTube channel :)

Dropping link:
https://estherrabbit.com/the-best-fre...

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that has worked for me--posting links to your book site (or Amazon sale site or whatever) within comments you post on news/story sites that relate to a theme within your book or novel. Since my trilogy (and each individual novel within it, The Prodigal Band Trilogy) is about a fictitious rock band on a mission, I tend to post links on sites with pop culture news and articles, esp. alternative sites that allow whatever comments (but not Rolling Stone for instance). I always get referrals from these sites, and they might be the cause of book sales. But I will only go to "reviewer" sites if they are legit, for free (I will never pay for reviews or ratings...too dishonest), and at the whim of the site. As for interviews, only by email or some written method. I don't do interviews over the phone (and I only have a landline, no cell phone) or on YouTube (I value my privacy, which is why I live in a rural remote area where I have sold lots of my books.
https://omegabooksnet.com

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Schanz (jeffschanz) | 82 comments Thanks for the article!

message 4: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Deborah wrote: "Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that has worked for me--posting links to your book site (or Amazon s..."

Hi Deborah, that's an awesome idea, so clever! Thank you so much for sharing this. As far as the interviews go, I interview authors by sending them a simple Q&A to complete and send back via email. In writing, so if you're up for it, I'd love to interview you. There's a special section on my blog dedicated to interviewing all sorts of professionals in the writing industry, so it would be a pleasure to pick your brains :)

message 5: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Jeff wrote: "Thanks for the article!"

Thank you :)

message 6: by jean dominique (new)

jean dominique MAZZONI (httpwwwgoodreadscomjdmazzoni) | 28 comments Bonjour à Toutes et Tous

De la pub gratuite pour vos "oeuvres" oui ! Payante non !
Soyez présents sur les réseaux sociaux (twitter, instagram, facebook,,), le voisinage, la ou les librairies de quartier....
Et si l'on vous propose un séance de dédicaces ou une interview, foncez ! Que 2020 soit l'année de votre réussite !
Cordialement jean dominique MAZZONI

message 7: by Angel (last edited Jan 26, 2020 09:43AM) (new)

Angel | 180 comments Thanks for posting this Esther. Great postings of experienced information from authors on your site. I have shared it on my social media.

message 8: by Gail (new)

Gail Meath (goodreadscomgail_meath) | 278 comments Thank you Ester! Great information!

message 9: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments jean dominique wrote: "Bonjour à Toutes et Tous

De la pub gratuite pour vos "oeuvres" oui ! Payante non !
Soyez présents sur les réseaux sociaux (twitter, instagram, facebook,,), le voisinage, la ou les librairies de qu..."

Merci pour votre participation, Jean Dominique!

message 10: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Angel wrote: "Thanks for posting this Esther. Great postings of experienced information from authors on your site. I have shared it on my social media."

Thank you so much for all your support! Hope to see you on YouTube as well :)

message 11: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Gail wrote: "Thank you Ester! Great information!"

Thank you!

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Parker | 7 comments Nice, Esther. Thanks

message 13: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Cathy wrote: "Nice, Esther. Thanks"

Thanks for the motivation!

message 14: by Kat (new)

Kat Crews (katcrews) | 3 comments Full of great information. Thank you Esther. I am brand new to this whole "author" thing and learning, learning, learning.

message 15: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Kat wrote: "Full of great information. Thank you Esther. I am brand new to this whole "author" thing and learning, learning, learning."

Thank you! I've recently launched my YouTube channel if you'd like to have a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQIe...

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather Gray | 9 comments Esther wrote: "Hi guys, because so many authors asked, I teamed up with fellow writers and we all contributed to this massive article which I called Best free and paid websites authors can use to promote their bo..."

Thanks for this Esther - some great ideas to explore!

message 17: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Heather wrote: "Esther wrote: "Hi guys, because so many authors asked, I teamed up with fellow writers and we all contributed to this massive article which I called Best free and paid websites authors can use to p..."

Thanks for the motivation :)

message 18: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Schanz (jeffschanz) | 82 comments Someone on Esther's article mentioned "StoryOrigin.com" for taking care of multitudes of author needs including promo and reviews. All I see so far is good reviews from unknown people (it's in Beta phase apparently). Anyone know anything about this site? I'd LOVE some opinions from real folks here.

message 19: by Deborah (last edited Mar 05, 2020 08:26PM) (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that has worked for me--posting links to your book s..."

Sorry this reply is late, Esther. Please send me the interview Q&A by email to protonmail--I have sent you a request at your website listed above. I use protonmail because it is private/encrypted. And like you I want to help fellow indy authors, and in addition to the posting site URL on comments I have other ideas on promotion that are either free or very low cost. Been busy posting snippets on my site, researching, getting another novel ready and posting a short story for some indy writer contest (among other stuff, like getting my car fixed). So, please send the Q&A to the protonmail address that I posted on your site. Thanks.

message 20: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Deborah wrote: "Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that has worked for me--posting links..."

I didn't receive anything, feel free to drop your email via Goodreads DM

message 21: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that has worked for m..."

What is Goodreads DM? Plus I just followed you. Thanks.

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that has worked for m..."

Plus I just friend-requested you as well, since I do not know what Goodreads DM is. Only been on here about seven months, learning more and more about it.

message 23: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Deborah wrote: "Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Esther wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Great link and post. Thanks! Will consider several of the ideas by these authors. But I would like to add one idea for promotion that h..."

DM: direct message. So we can exchange emails without the risk of spamming :)

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Esther, I sent you a message on your esther rabbit contact page. Is that the direct message method you spoke of?

message 25: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Urooj (aishaurooj) | 107 comments Thanks Esther for sharing! Good resources to consider and good help to new indie writers.

message 26: by Mike (new)

Mike McCormick | 10 comments Thanks, Esther. Very helpful

message 27: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Aisha wrote: "Thanks Esther for sharing! Good resources to consider and good help to new indie writers."

Much appreciated, xoxo

message 28: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Mike wrote: "Thanks, Esther. Very helpful"

Thanks for the motivation, Mike :)

message 29: by Joan Fox (new)

Joan Fox  Peppe | 3 comments Esther, your article was a plethora of good info! Thanks so much. I hardly know where to start but will forge on, one site and one recommendation at a time. Bravo!

message 30: by Jocelyn Esther (new)

Jocelyn Esther Nelson | 2 comments Great article, Esther! Loved the honesty and encouragement of the writers you interviewed!!
I hope things are on the upside for you and your books!!

message 31: by O. (new)

O. Matt | 34 comments Esther thanks a lot.I will let my friends in town get in touch with you.

message 32: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments I can't tank you guys enough for the lovely comments. I usually like to pair my articles with YouTube videos on the matter, so I'll drop my YouTube channel here if you want to have a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQIe...

Hope everyone's book sales are getting back to normal after this blasting pandemic. xoxo

message 33: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments O. wrote: "Esther thanks a lot.I will let my friends in town get in touch with you."

Wonderful!

message 34: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Jocelyn Esther wrote: "Great article, Esther! Loved the honesty and encouragement of the writers you interviewed!!
I hope things are on the upside for you and your books!!"

Likewise! Thank you sooooo much

message 35: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Joan Fox wrote: "Esther, your article was a plethora of good info! Thanks so much. I hardly know where to start but will forge on, one site and one recommendation at a time. Bravo!"

Super hyped you enjoyed it :)

message 36: by O. (new)

O. Matt | 34 comments ESTHER, Mainor rodriguez is one of my friends I told you about.He would like to get in touch with you, please expplain your program to him here is his e-mail: mainor rodgriguez240270@hotmail.com

message 37: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments O. wrote: "ESTHER, Mainor rodriguez is one of my friends I told you about.He would like to get in touch with you, please expplain your program to him here is his e-mail: mainor rodgriguez240270@hotmail.com"

He can contact me via my author website anytime. I'm still catching up on post pandemic work, but I'll make sure to reply to every email :)

message 38: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin | 2 comments Thanks for sharing! I've subscribed to your channel and look forward to hearing what you have to say. Keep up the great work.

message 39: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 70 comments Benjamin wrote: "Thanks for sharing! I've subscribed to your channel and look forward to hearing what you have to say. Keep up the great work."

Thanks, Benjamin! Much appreciated