What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Winter Shadows
This topic is about Winter Shadows
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Contemporary - about a girl dealing with her mother's death and there is a journal that she finds with entries about another girl from the past and the two storylines are told in unison. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

cathy | 2 comments The female main character has a new stepmother that she hates because she feels like the stepmom is trying to erase her dead bio mom. There was a scene in which the MC's parents try to pack up her dead mom's stuff and the MC is extremely upset b/c of this. I think later in the book, the stepmom also announces her pregnancy (possibly during a Christmas party or some other public gathering).

There is a romance element - she meets a boy who supports her a lot and I remember the boy had a really warm/tight-knit family (possibly 'large') and the MC finds comfort from them.

I don't really remember much about the journal entries or any of the plot of the historical part of the novel unfortunately.

I feel like the MC's name might've started with a C but I'm not confident about this at all.

I'm pretty sure this was written by a female author. I remember the cover to have an old brown book that was open so you could see the pages against a light (wintry?) background. I can't remember when this book might've been published but I think I read this back in 2010-2015?

Also I feel like there was a scene where the MC and her boyfriend were in a school bus together and the boyfriend somehow comforted her after she had a fight with her family. TBH, I'm not sure if this scene is accurate. I also feel like the MC might've had red hair? but I also don't really remember so maybe take these with a grain of salt.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Winter Shadows by Margaret Buffie?

Cathy, how did her mother die?

How old is the journal/diary? Where did she find the journal?

cathy | 2 comments Kris wrote: "Winter Shadows by Margaret Buffie?

Cathy, how did her mother die?

How old is the journal/diary? Where did she find the journal?"

Hi Kris. That is the book I'm looking for. Thank you so much! :)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your book, Cathy. I got lucky with a Google search:

site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" "her mother died" journal past stepmother

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Winter Shadows (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Margaret Buffie (other topics)