Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > Outlast-like

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mzmsary (last edited Jan 25, 2020 12:27PM) (new)

mzmsary | 7 comments Hi everybody. I've been replaying Outlast recently (and falling in love with it,again) and I was wondering any other books out there similar to the game (first one,not the second). I really love the asylum setting with a lot of gore,preferably with less supernatural elements though.

message 2: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Cool! I liked Outlast as well. I’m playing through the second one which I find to be much more disturbing than the first. The only books that remind me of Outlast are a few that Richard Laymon wrote.

message 3: by mzmsary (new)

mzmsary | 7 comments Addy wrote: "Cool! I liked Outlast as well. I’m playing through the second one which I find to be much more disturbing than the first. The only books that remind me of Outlast are a few that Richard Laymon wrote."

Second one didn't do it for me,tbh. I mean I enjoyed it but compared to first, it was really a letdown.

message 4: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Well, the good thing is that they are making a new game using the Outlast universe. Although i heard it was going to be multiplayer. Don’t think I will like that.

message 5: by mzmsary (new)

mzmsary | 7 comments Don't play mp either,so no to that.