Play Book Tag discussion

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
This topic is about Gemina
January 2020: Thriller > Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 4 stars (poll ballot)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1463 comments The second book in the Illuminae Files series (this series does need to be read in order). This time events focus on the Heimdall jump station, which the Hypatia from book one is headed towards. The commanders daughter Hanna and Nik, whose family is an outer space version of the Russian mob, end up teamed together when the station is taken over by a BeiTech team intent on destroying the Hyaptia. I liked this better than the first book mainly because events take place over a shorter period of time which heightened the tension for me. I highly recommend reading a hard copy of the book due to it's unique formatting, which I really liked. I'm looking forward to reading the last book in the series.

Karin | 6990 comments Personally, I think this series is better if read in order, due to the second book being a bit of a spoiler for some of the first book, but you could be right. I read it in order, so that may be skewing my view :).

Rachel N. | 1463 comments I agree with you Karin that it needs to be read in order. I guess my review didn't make that clear :-).

message 4: by Karin (last edited Jan 28, 2020 02:39PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 6990 comments Rachel N. wrote: "I agree with you Karin that it needs to be read in order. I guess my review didn't make that clear :-)."

It's clear now! I may well have missed something on this and thought you said that it does not need to be read in order. Doggone it! I need to sloooow down online because I don't absorb things on screen as well as I do on paper!