Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > YA/NA Fantasy Romance recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mattie (new)

Mattie I'm looking for YA Fantasy Romance recommendations. I love Sarah J Maas' books, so any fantasy similar to them with an intense romance. I'm looking at the more mature end of YA or New Adult books.

Things I like:
- hate to love romance
- BANTER
- groups of powerful friends
- plot twists

Thank you! :)

•¡!|Siddhika Jha|!¡• (siddhikajha) | 268 comments you should read:
The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L Jensen.

message 3: by Syreeta (new)

Syreeta Moore (mystactral) I loved the Red Queen quartet by Victoria Aveyard. I have yet to finish all the books but the first are super intense and dramatic!

•¡!|Siddhika Jha|!¡• (siddhikajha) | 268 comments You can also read Live me never trilogy by Sara Wolf.The banter in it is amazing and although its a more of contemporary in setting it is intense and the banter is pretty awesome

•¡!|Siddhika Jha|!¡• (siddhikajha) | 268 comments If you want to read dystopian novel then Shatter me series by Taherah Mafi is really good hate to love romance the characters and their dialogues are pretty great themselves.

message 6: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) The Medoran Chronicles definitely. The first book is Akarnae and the banter is probably my fave thing about the whole series. You will fall in love for sure!

message 7: by Candice (new)

Candice McMullen (candimarie5) Thr Cruel Prince trilogy by Holly Black is fantastic and has all the things you listed!!

message 8: by D.T. (last edited Jan 25, 2020 04:49PM) (new)

D.T. Henderson | 59 comments You can try...

Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova (hate to love for a while, a little banter)

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson (banter, plot twists)

Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope (NA fantasy)

message 9: by Mattie (new)

Mattie Thank you all for these suggestions ❤️

message 10: by Nishi (new)

Nishi Wadhwani (nishireads) | 207 comments try Feather by Olivia Wildenstein, its NA fantasy romance..
or there's Relentless by Karen Lynch
or there's Starling by Lesley Livingston

message 11: by Alina (new)

Alina  (wandflowerbookish) | 19 comments I recommend The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. It's a great YA Fantasy trilogy and has a great romance!

message 12: by Mattie (new)

Mattie Thank you guys! 😊

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Throne of glass once you get a few in and meet Rowan there is hate to love and lots of banter.

message 14: by Michihako (new)

Michihako (michimochi) | 71 comments The Infernal Device (Clockwork Angel) is very goodd!!

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica | 212 comments I second the folk and air series by Holly Black. Also I just finished the shades of magic series by V. E. Schwab and it has everything you listed. FYI I found the series got better with every book. Six of Crows duology is awesome too.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather | 2 comments Sarah J Maas is coming out with another series called Crescent City. It sounds really good its about angels and demons and it's released in March. Also Newsflesh series is good. It's a zombie series but not too gory and only maybe half the population was wiped out. The main characters are bloggers following a presidential candidate. It's definitely got some major plot twists, banter, and powerful friends.

message 17: by Moonyani (new)

Moonyani Write | 10 comments The Music Man series.
It has a good amount of romance and it’s centered around music.

Premise for book one...

Jimmy is a runaway boy, saddened by the tragedies that have happened in his life. The only thing still keeping him motivated, is his love for music. He’s outside, practically freezing in the cold, until he knocks on a door. This door is the Music Man’s. Jimmy and the Music Man find out they share a passion for music. Cornelius, also known as the Music Man, then introduces Jimmy to his famous piano that’s in his attic. After playing a song that Cornelius wrote, the piano transports them to a magical parallel dimension. In this other dimension, Cornelius is a famous conductor and composer, who supposedly has an upcoming concert in the town of Harmony. However, there is another conductor, by the name of Hornsbury. And Hornsbury wants power.He is planning to possess the Harmonians, using his music.

No matter the cost......
https://www.amazon.com/Music-Man-Moon...

message 18: by Elle (new)

Elle Harriet Silver (elleharrietsilver) | 25 comments Reign of the Fallen is all I can think of right now