Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Near-future Los Angeles is nuked: Sci-Fi (110k)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Brown | 68 comments I'm looking for BetaReader help with "Fallout," my 109,000 word adult near-future science fiction.

Blurb: Tenjō Edwards, a husband, father, and professor of History who was denied tenure despite his expertise in Cold War nuclear strategy, has opened a martial arts school in a suburb of a near-future Los Angeles. When a nuclear bomb detonates across the city, Tenjō knows the survival of his daughters and the others sheltering at his dojo requires keeping them together. However, their safety isn’t enough when his wife is lost somewhere deep in the evacuation zone, compelling him to leave the security of his dojo to find her, even if it means navigating a maze of radioactive fallout, martial law, and opportunistic thugs.

Agent: None/need at least one more big revision before I'm ready to query.

Last books read: Revenger, Alastair Reynolds (2016), Fortress of Eagles, C.J. Cherryh (1998), The Book of Phoenix, Nnedi Okorafor (2010/2015), FALL, Neal Stephenson (2019)

Books that define me? King's Gunslinger, CJ Cherryh's Cyteen, Gaiman's American Gods, KS Robinson's Three Californias, but I've also loved lately reading Leckie, Adeyemi, Doctorow, Bacigalupi, Valdes, Chakraborty, N.K. Jemisin, and others.

Email me if interested: tonchyaku@gmail.com

Thanks!
Robert

message 2: by Hayley (new)

Hayley at Midwitch (midwitchediting) | 31 comments I love your author choice, I am a fan of the gunslinger series, and Reynolds, Ian M Banks, though my favourite C.J.Cherryh must be The Chronicles of Morgaine. I can offer a proof-edit and critique of the first 5000 words if that is any help.