The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

General Chat > Nancy Drew turns 90

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8949 comments Mod
so a couple of comic book writers are killing her off. Gah!

https://www.ajc.com/lifestyles/nancy-...

message 2: by Patty (new)

Patty | 2971 comments But she’s only a teenager!

message 3: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Why can't the Hardy Boys get killed off, letting Nancy Drew solve the case?

message 4: by Patty (new)

Patty | 2971 comments A double-Murder is always more interesting anyways.

message 5: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

it is her 90th, after all ... why shouldn't she shine here?

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 8406 comments How wonderful that young people still enjoy this classic series. 😊👍✨

message 7: by Bruce (new)

Bruce | 2448 comments They can always bring her back to life.

message 8: by Patty (new)

Patty | 2971 comments Bruce, how true! Like the Phoenix, she can rise from the ashes; a tried and true plot twist of every soap opera!

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen Are they killing her off the same time they kill Mr. Peanut?

message 10: by Bill (new)

Bill I always preferred Nancy to the Hardy's.... And the Dana Sisters.. :)

message 11: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Same here.

message 12: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Barbara wrote: "How wonderful that young people still enjoy this classic series. 😊👍✨"

One of my friends has two little boys, and her comment on my FB post about this was that she couldn't wait until her kids were old enough to read the Hardy Boys. She had read the books, and Nancy Drew, while she was growing up as well. They're like classics in their own way.

message 13: by Patty (new)

Patty | 2971 comments When my oldest daughter was little, there was a series of Nancy Drew books that had her in third grade. At the end, you got the opportunity to solve the mystery before Nancy Drew gave us the reveal. If I remember correctly, there was a page that asked a few relevant questions to get you on the right track.

message 14: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Choquette (jpchoquette) | 28 comments Oh wow. My childhood hero and the author (well, okay, ghostwriters) who inspired my love of mystery. I never got into the Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden was a little too chipper for me, but I wanted to grow up to be Nancy Drew and of course, drive her powder blue convertible. :)

message 15: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

J.P. wrote: "Oh wow. My childhood hero and the author (well, okay, ghostwriters) who inspired my love of mystery. I never got into the Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden was a little too chipper for me, but I wanted ..."

oh my gosh - I used to love those (Trixie Belden). My mom couldn't buy them fast enough.

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris | 250 comments J.P. wrote: "Oh wow. My childhood hero and the author (well, okay, ghostwriters) who inspired my love of mystery. I never got into the Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden was a little too chipper for me, but I wanted ..."

Me too! Wanted to be Nancy Drew and those stories really cemented my love of reading!

message 17: by Tammy (new)

Tammy I remember reading Nancy Drew in my youth. They have her T.V. show on CW. I haven't seen it, nice to see things live on.

message 18: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 211 comments And to think she's still out there solving crimes.

message 19: by Scott (new)

Scott Stevens With a walker and a wheelchair! LOL