What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wild Conquest
This topic is about Wild Conquest
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance: after? American Revolution. English family treats young cousin as little more than a maid. Family's daughter wants then rejects cousin's suitor. Asks cousin to retrieve letters from suitor. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renea (new)

Renea (goodreadscomsunflower263) | 18 comments I believe it takes place in America possibly after the Revolution. An English family treats their young cousin as a poor relation as her brother is believed to have been lost in the war. The daughter is given everything and when the cousin has a suitor (Scottish or Irish), she tells her mother that she wants him. The cousin is forced to give him up. Later on, the girl doesn't want him, but has written letters to him that he will not return. She begs the cousin to retrieve the letters and she is caught. Put on trial and when her family refuses to stand up for her, is indentured to her former beau as a servant. He travels North to his home and she is almost attacked when they stop at an Army fort on the way. They reach his home and make love. The girl thinks things won't be so bad, but the man is still angry that she gave him up and intends to go through with her being a servant. When her brother returns, he tells her the truth that the house and money actually belong to them and not to their family. She returns home as her brother pays her bond and learns she is pregnant. He comes after her and realizes he is to be a father as she goes into labor.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Mar 03, 2020 08:03AM) (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Renea, around what year did you read this book? This will help us narrow down the search.

I added genre and some plot details to the topic header/title. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Renea (new)

Renea (goodreadscomsunflower263) | 18 comments Hi Kris, I am not sure. Maybe in 2005? I really can't remember.

message 4: by Renea (new)

Renea (goodreadscomsunflower263) | 18 comments I was finally able to get back into my ebook account and lo and behold, found the book. It's called Wild Conquest by Hannah Howell.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Renea. Here's the link - Wild Conquest by Hannah Howell.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wild Conquest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Hannah Howell (other topics)