Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Books under wrong author

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Morris | 2 comments This book of mine does not appear on my author page but on another author's with the same name who writes books about meal planning.

message 2: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Morris | 2 comments One of my other books The One My Heart Loves is also appearing under the wrong author.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21341 comments Done

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24727 comments #1 done

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24727 comments Added missing books to the series and added the correct cover to #4 kindle edition.

message 6: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Smith (smitty217) | 8 comments An author by the same name, T.R. Smith, has my book on their author page.

The book’s title, “The Age of Majority” belongs solely on my page that has author page pending. I have no other books.

The other T.R. Smith has a book titled “The Eyes of Equinox.” I am not this person.

Someone tried to help earlier, to no avail. I appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21341 comments T.R. wrote: "An author by the same name, T.R. Smith, has my book on their author page.

The book’s title, “The Age of Majority” belongs solely on my page that has author page pending. I have no other books.

Th..."

I have moved your book to a new profile.

message 8: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Smith (smitty217) | 8 comments Thank you!

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris Johnson (chris-johnson) | 16 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

The above book appears to have another Chris Johnson showing as its author. It should be me. Due for release on 15th March 2020, I can verify it's mine.

Can you please help me fix this?

(I've noticed this happens almost every time I publish. Does the information come from Amazon or elsewhere?)

Regards,

Chris Johnson

message 10: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 3048 comments T.R. wrote: "Thank you!"

It would be best if you post your request just once, it can be confusing. No problem though, I had gone to sleep so Scott did the job :-)

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21341 comments Just call me Night Librarian.

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21341 comments Chris wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

The above book appears to have another Chris Johnson showing as its author. It should be me. Due for release on 15th March 2020, ..."

Moved to your profile.

Much of the data comes from Amazon but the computer has no way of knowing which Chris is which. To place books properly on your profile, an extra space is manually added between your names.