Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > ☆~Cassie & Maven's Queen~☆

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Nearly 10 years ago the prince and only heir to the throne of Eraudien dissapeared without a trace. After years of searching with no avail it is presumed that the then 10 year old boy met with his untimely fate . . . That is until someone shows up at the gates of the castle claiming to be the missing prince- guy A. The hair, eye color, and memories that the man recalls all mirror that of the missing prince, the thing that seals the deal however is the pendant that he presents: a simple gold disk the size of a coin imprinted with the royal family crest- the same that the young prince had worn before his disappearance. The kingdom is quick to welcome guy A with open arms, relieved that their lost prince had finally returned home . . . It almost felt too easy. In actuality Guy A is a common thief and con man. Having no true interest in running a kingdom, his objective is to gather as many riches as he can and to make a swift get away across the ocean where he can live comfortably on his new found wealth for the rest of his life. He thought he was prepared and ready for anything . . . That is until he meets girl A.
Girl A is a ward of the king- under his care after her own father who had always been close and loyal to the king sacrificed his life for him. A couple years the missing prince's junior, she came into the care of the king at 7 years old- a year before the boy prince went missing. While the king and the rest of the kingdom is quick to accept the story that Guy A presents, she is more skeptical and watchful of him. From the first day he shows up she feels as if something is off and is determined to find out exactly what it is.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Thanks :D

so do you just wanna make the charters and get going then?

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Yeah, that sounds like a good plan to me. I should have mine up fairly soon.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Name: Castalia Evelyn Matthys
Nicknames: Cas, Lia
Fc: Bridget Satterlee

Personality:
As the King's ward Castalia is expected to behave as any proper lady should- which more often than not means being seen and not heard. In the public eye she is soft spoken and poised- often looked at as nothing more than another pretty treasure amongst the King's collection of jewels and gold.
Many would be surprised to learn that behind closed doors the girl is less than the picture of poise and grace. Castalia has a strong will and a spirit for adventure. She takes every chance she gets to go beyond the palace walls, even if sometimes those excursions are not exactly approved. As she has gotten older she has figured out the best ways to sneak around unnoticed.
She is not afraid to speak her mind, even when she probably should be. It is no secret that she is less than fond of the current arrangement- she hates feeling as if she owes the King (or anyone for that matter) something. She would much rather forge her own way in the world without having to depend on others.

History:
Castalia was born the first and only child of Cordelia and Arthur Matthys. Nearly two years after the girl's birth a fever ran rampant through the kingdom, killing many before it fizzled out just as fast as it had sprung up. Her mother was among those who died, leaving her father to care for her. He raised her as well as a busy father could, though this often meant spending more time learning how to shoot arrows than learning social graces.
Halfway through Castalia's seventh year her father, a seasoned and trusted knight, left to accompany the King on a simple trip to a neighboring kingdom. The trip was to last two weeks- the longest that she had ever gone without seeing her father. She counted down the days, constantly questioning the poor nanny tasked with watching her if two weeks was up yet. On the morning that her father was set to return Castalia sat by the window all day, waiting for her father to walk up the cobble stone path . . . but he never did. Over the next few days her life was shaken up as she was swiftly moved from the only home she had ever known to the palace.
The first few months in the palace were rough for the then seven year old. She was used to being the center of her father's world and she felt severely out of place in the new setting. With little social training under her belt at this point that feeling was only emphasized with each reprimand of her 'unladylike' behavior. Although at first she rejected everything about life in the palace she slowly found a friend in the young prince and began to feel less alone.
That proved to be a fairly short lived comfort as only a little over a year later the prince dissapeared, leaving the kingdom with nothing more than a wave of panic and grief. Once again Castalia felt out of place - like a ghost in place of the prince. It was like a twisted joke- the King and Queen left to look after a child that wasn't even their own while their only heir was missing without a trace.
Over the years she slowly adapted to life in the palace once again, learning how to handle herself in public without drawing any unnecessary eyes.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Name: Jameson Radcliffe

Nicknames: Jace, Kliff

History: Jameson grew up on the outskirts of town, with nothing much of anything. Growing up was tough seeing as he never knew his mother and his father died in a bar fight when was five. After that he made due with what he could steal without people noticing. However now that he's older he's made his career out of conning people and stealing. Now he's setting his hopes even higher with conning the people of the kingdom- even the king and queen by saying that he is the lost heir that hasn't been seen in many years.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Nice, looks like we're ready to get going. Would you like to start us off or would you prefer I do so?

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Jameson was headed to the Palace, today he planned to make his move. He had planned it down to a T made sure all the I's were dotted before he had even headed for it. Seeing as this he could not afford to mess up. His hope was, that if he could convene the people of the land and mainly the King and Queen that he was their long lost heir then maybe, he could mange to grab some jewels and even more before he took his leave. The plan was simple. Go in pretend. And then when they least expected it run with it, or if he was really feeling bold then he'd stick around. It would all depend on how much they believed him. Ridding up on the horse he had 'Borrowed.' to the main gate of the Palace.

(if you don't like it I can come up with something else)

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Castalia stood upon the top of the east tower, looking out over the kingdom beyond. She leaned against the barrier, cold seeping through the layers of fine fabric she wore from the stone that had yet to be warmed by the sun and still held onto the chill of night. It was still early, the kingdom below was still awakening from its slumber. She could see a few sluggish knights in various levels of armour gathering in the courtyard, assembling for morning training no doubt. This had become part of her morning routine- to come up here and watch the world for a while before she had to get on with her day. She stood there for a while, already dreading what responsibilities and obligations the rest of the day held for her. Abnormal movement down in the courtyard caught her attention and broke her out of her internal dread. A couple of the knights who had been gathering for morning training were now heading towards the main gait. She soon spotted the reason. From here the horse and rider looked no bigger than an ant. Although the distance was great she could hear a faint 'hault!' shouted by one of the guards at the gate.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Jameson pulled on the reins of his horse so that it would halt, seeing as he knew that he would be met by guards once he arrived. The place was crawling with them after all. Hopping down and walking the rest of the way so that they could speak. "My horse got away from me, I didn't mean to startle anyone." He assured the one that had come over to speak with him once he had gotten close enough.
Wondering now - but only for a moment if the guard would believe him or not.

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments "What buisness brings you here?" The guard questioned, looking over the man that approached the gate. It wasn't often that the palace got unexpected visitors, and he was just doing his duty.
Castalia crossed to the opposite side of the tower to get a better view of whatever was going on down at the gate, curious of what it could be . . . probably just a lost visitor stopping to ask directions she internally reasoned after a few moments.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments ((I'm going to think on the answer for a bit. Should have it up though soon.))

message 14: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments ((Alright, no big rush :) ))

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments It had taken Jameson over a week to come up with a good story for when the guards at the gate had to ask him why he was there. Seeing as there was no easy way to convince a royal guard that he was in fact the Prince. Finally however he had decided on the best route of action that he could think of. Straightening up so that his shoulders were back and he stood tall and straight. "Well, um. I'd like to come home, I just now regained my memory after suffering from memory issues, but I am in fact, if my memory is not mistaken the long lost prince..."

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments The guard scanned him over from head to toe and back again. "The prince went missing over a decade ago." He spoke, clearly suspicious of the story. It wasn't the first claim of such that he had ever heard, and he was sure it wouldn't be the last. "It is highly unlikely that he would return after so many seasons have passed. What should convince me that you speak the truth and do not feed me gilded lies? . . . I can not open the gates to every riff raff who wanders up claiming to be the lost prince."

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments It was no surprise really. Jameson had heard word of others portraying to be The Prince, coming up with stories to try and convince the guards that they were and such not. But none of them had manged to do so, and where always turned down. But he had one thing that none of the others did. "Because, that day before I went missing I was scheduled to accompany my parents to an event that evening but never made it, as well as this." He said holding up a hand and carefully- slowly reaching into his pocket to pull out a small pendent. It didn't look like much to someone untrained to know what it was but to someone that knew what it meant and what it was... well that was a different story all together. Handing it over.

message 18: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments The guard had heard plenty of stories like the one he was presented now before- vague enough that it couldn't be counted as wrong. He was about to send this stranger on horseback on his way when he pulled something out from his pocket to show. The guard took a careful step forward and took what the stranger offered up. He looked down to the small item in his hand- a gold pendant that bore the royal seal, the same pendant that the missing prince had worn since birth . . . Of course it could be a fake. The guard looked it over closely, making sure that all the details were just right. When he didn't find any flaws he finally raised it to his mouth and tested the metal with his teeth, expecting to find it made from hard scrap metal and not precious gold. To his surprise the metal shifted slightly under the pressure of his teeth, leaving a slight indentation that was indicative of real gold. A peasant would never have such a thing. He examined the pendant once more and then looked to the stranger before him. ". . . Open the gate." He ordered the men behind him. He held the pendant back out for him to take again. "And inform the King that the prince might of returned."

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Jameson took the pendant back once the guard had finished examining it, sticking it back in his pocket for safe keeping. Seeing as he had long sense lost the thread it had been on. Waiting until the gates had opened fully to walk through. That had only been one test of many he was sure to prove his self as the Prince long sense believed dead. Looking around. He had heard stories of the Palace and how big it was. However, he had never quite imagined this. Seeing from it looked huge. But in contrast. Anything to do with power and money tended to be big. Not only in bissuness but also in size.

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Castalia continued to watch from her spot, surprised to see the gate opening for the person who had approached the gate. She watched as a few guards scurried to the palace, bringing word of something. She was too far up to hear anything that went on. She couldn't imagine what it could be- even from here she could tell that whoever it was was too poorly dressed to be of nobility. If the guards were letting a mere peasant in, he must bring news of great importance. Curious as to what was going on she made her way to the doorway of the tower and down the steps to try and find out what this was about.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Jameson talked with a few guards that still had questions, as he followed them into the Palace. Most of the questions where about where he had been for the best part of the last six years, and how he come to come back. About proof of his identity as the prince. Questions only the real prince would know the answers to. Luckily though, he knew them. Walking to the throne room, sure that he'd be meeting the King and possibly the Queen there. If he could get by all of this and convince them that he was the real prince then the rest would be a walk in the park.

message 22: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments Word tended to travel fast in the palace. As soon as she was down the stairs and down a few halls, she could hear whispers being passed amongst the servants and other staff. She couldn't make out much and they seemed to silence once they noticed she was around, it was generally frowned upon by those in the royal house hold to engage in spreading rumors and such. She heard enough to know that whatever was going on had been important enough to draw both the King and Queen to the throne room. She continued on, altering her path to take her in the direction of the throne room, hoping to at least get a glimpse of what was going on. She liked to at least have a general idea of what was happening.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments Meanwhile in the throne room, the King and Queen had gathered along with the guards that had brought him here to wait their attendance. However it hadn't taken long for them to arrive once they had heard of what this was about. But Jameson also knew that they wouldn't just welcome him back with opened arms seeing as he knew that they had to know of the attempted frauds that had claimed to the prince countless times before. So currently they had him answering questions. Questions he had no doubt that only the true prince would know of. Answering each and every one. Finally after what felt like forever. He finally saw the two turn to each other with a look of both wonder and confusion. Seeing the king turn back to him a moment later.
"We have one final question for you.. seeing as you have answered each one thus far without pause this one shouldn't take you much time to answer either..... why did you wait so long to come back? Surly you must of had some memory..."

Jameson shook his head. "No, your majesty. It has only been in the past few weeks that I have regained most of my memory from my childhood years. Up until then I had nothing to recall from that time seeing as if I had I would of returned sooner.." He only addressed him as such seeing as it seemed neither of them were ready to call him their true son yet. But he had a feeling that soon they would.

message 24: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments By the time Castalia had made it to the throne room the doors were firmly shut with multiple guards posted silently outside the thick wooden doors. If she had to guess, she assumed that there were a plethora within too. Whatever was going on was clearly serious. She continued past as if her destination was beyond the room to begin with. What could be so important to warrant this? The only other times she had seen such a thing paralleled was when a neighboring kingdom had been threatening war. Could that be what was happening again? For now she did not have any answers, and all she could do was wonder what was going on behind the doors.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments After about an hour more, of waiting in the throne room seeing as the King and Queen had wanted time to speak in privet with each other about the matter. Finally straightening up when Then King reentered the room and went about making the announcement. "After consulting, with advisors that knew the young prince and his schedule on the day that he vanished, along with many others.... we have come to the conclusion that you are in fact the true prince." Jameson couldn't believe it. He had waltzed his way in here and manged to convince not only the guards but the King and Queen that he was their long lost son. However, now that he had convinced them of that... he just had to keep up his role. "I will have one of the maids set up a room for you, unless you'd rather have your old one.."
Jameson thought, he remembered some what of what the room looked like but, nothing for sure. "I would like to take my old one, I believe. No need to go about setting up a new one." Seeing the King nod. "Very well then, I suppose then that I should have someone show you around then."

"That would be lovely, everything I remember from childhood I'm sure has changed somewhat in the years I've been gone.."

"It has, to some degree. Fetch Lilly. She's one of the best workers we have, she came after you.... vanished. She'll be showing you around."

Jameson nodded, turning to look as the doors opened and who he guessed to be Lilly walked in.

message 26: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments In that hour Castalia had wandered out of the maze of halls and to the garden, her mind still running through the possibilities of what it could be. If it was anything of importance, it would be announced soon enough so there was no reason to fret over it too much. She strolled leisurely through the rows of meticulously groomed flowers, stopping a couple times to inspect a few candy colored rose buds. She thought ahead to her agenda for the day, running through the list of things she needed or wanted to accomplish today.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 14106 comments ((OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!! I'M SO SORRY!))

Jameson had finally been accepted after about an hour more of questioning and going through protocol for the big announcement that they would be doing for his return, he walked with the king to the balcony that faced the court yard. They would be making the announcement from here for all to learn. Already, the guards and even a few others were rounding up people and informing the people in the palace that there was an announcement that they needed to be aware of. Walking to where he was due to stand until he was called forth, to wait for the people to arrive.

message 28: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2478 comments ((Its all good, it happens to the best of us!))

Castalia was settled on the edge of the fountain, idly drawing her left index finger over the surface of the water and creating an endless swirl of ripples as she thought to other things. Her mind again wandered to the stranger who had rode through the gates this morning and what he could have possibly brought news of that warranted his entrance to the palace. Unbenounced to her, she would soon find out.
She was suddenly broken out of her thoughts by the voice of her maid servant- Genevieve. "Sorry to disturb you my Lady, but an announcement of great importance is about to be made from the west balcony and I thought you might wish to hear it."
Castalia gave her maid servant a pleasant smile, "Thank you for informing me, Genevieve. Do you know what the announcement is about?" She asked as she rose from her seated position and began off in the direction of the balcony that Genevieve had indicated. "I regret to say that I do not, my lady, the details have been relatively hush this far."
After a couple minute the balcony came into view and with it a sea of people from all throughout the palace. Castalia hadn't seen a gathering of this magnitude for a while.