Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Professional Editing Services for Fiction Writers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (last edited Mar 29, 2020 02:25PM) (new)

Abby (abby_j) | 2 comments Hi all! My name is Abby, owner of Abigail Ray Editing Services. I’m a freelance fiction book editor with an M.S. in Publishing. I offer developmental editing, substantive editing, and copyediting services. I’m currently accepting new clients for January 2020 and beyond. New clients get a discount of 10%.

With a developmental edit, I read and evaluate your manuscript for pacing, plot, world-building, character development, and other major and minor issues I might see—and you receive an editorial letter of about 10+ pages detailing my feedback.

With a substantive edit, you receive the same thing as a developmental edit with the addition of in-line comments on your manuscript.

With a copyedit, I evaluate your manuscript for consistency, accuracy, spelling, grammar, and punctuation using an industry-standard style guide. My services are detailed on my website here.

I specialize in science fiction, fantasy, and speculative fiction. Outside of this, I also edit mystery and romance. If you don’t see your genre listed, no worries! I’m always open to consult on your project.

I offer free consults where I sample edit the first 1000 words of your manuscript to show you how I work and help us both determine if I’m the right fit for your project.

Feel free to visit my website at abigailrayediting.com and if you like what you see, submit a request through the contact section, email me at abigailrayediting@gmail.com, or PM me on here! Hope to hear from you soon.

message 2: by jannat (new)

jannat (aunicornlove) | 6 comments The edit was fantastic! I needed a fresh eye to rip it apart and tell me what was clearly not working. I liked the way Abby explained each issue concisely.

Abby's plot suggestions were helpful in that sometimes the big picture is too overwhelming, and to have someone suggest smaller, more realistic approaches with higher stakes is a lifeline.

Definitely would recommend for constructive feedback!

message 3: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle Theis | 51 comments The critique and editing I received were very helpful. Abby pointed out things I missed and was thorough in her comments and recommendations.

message 4: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 3 comments Abby had great insight and was very encouraging. She focused on the topics I wanted her to focus on and provided polish on other things I wasn't even considering. I would highly recommend her for anyone who needs to put the finishing touches on their novel.

message 5: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Cook | 4 comments After reviewing other places for a beta reader or editor, I found what I wanted at the Goodreads Beta Reader Group forum. I selected to ask Abigail Ray Editing Services for an editorial assessment consultation. Her rates were reasonable, especially for a first-time author.

The assessment Abigail provided for my manuscript was very thorough, not only pointing out many areas I missed she also targeted those areas were I already had doubts.

Yes, I would recommend Abigail Ray Editing Services.