What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Mystery/Suspense/Horror(?) set in the British (perhaps English) countryside in the twentieth century, with a female protagonist. It might have had a haunted house/mansion as well?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by emily (new)

emily (glitchyskies) | 2 comments I read this book in 2013-2015. I definitely remember that it was set in the British countryside, and that the protagonist was a woman. It was very eerie, and I remember it alluding to ghosts, but I only read a quarter of it.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 117 comments Maybe Sarah Waters’ The Little Stranger? Sorry, I’m on my phone and can’t link. That has a male narrator, but he is observing a woman, Caroline, closely, and she lives in the ‘haunted’ house.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1476 comments How old did the book seem to be? Was it hardcover or paperback? Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 4: by emily (new)

emily (glitchyskies) | 2 comments Laura wrote: "Maybe Sarah Waters’ The Little Stranger? Sorry, I’m on my phone and can’t link. That has a male narrator, but he is observing a woman, Caroline, closely, and she lives in the ‘haunted’ house."

Nope, not it, unfortunately. But thanks for the help, and definitely adding it to my TBR!

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars wrote: "How old did the book seem to be? Was it hardcover or paperback? Do you remember anything about the cover?"

I don't remember what the cover looked like, but the copy I read was a hardcover, and I think the book was fairly recent at the time? I think it was at least written sometime after 2000.