Yoga Folks discussion

One Degree Revolution: How Small Shifts Can Lead to Big Changes
This topic is about One Degree Revolution
One Degree Revolution > February read is One Degree Revolution

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 808 comments Mod
Hi all:

I hope everyone's 2020 is off to a great start.

To start the year off on the right foot (if a bit delayed), in February we're going to read One Degree Revolution by longtim yogi Coby Kozlowski.

The book is nonfiction, about the small changes you can make in your life that cumulatively add up to a huge shift (hence the title). The book is filled with exercises, which generally I avoid because it's hard to do a collective group read for these, but there's enough good text for us to discuss.

The good news is I have 2 extra copies of the book that I can mail to 2 lucky winners (in the US only; otherwise shipping is prohibitive. Sorry). Just comment in this thread and I'll draw 2 random names on Wednesday morning January 29th. I do ask that if you win the book that you try to join our February discussion (acknowledging, of course, that life has a way of getting in the way sometimes).

Also, I want to highly recommend another new book. It's called Chakra Empowerment for Women. You can find info about it here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4.... I actually wrote a blurb for the book before it came out because I am so impressed with author Lisa Erickson's approach to the chakras. Her "empowerments," or exercises, are grounded in her years of working with the chakras as a way of improving your life or healing traumas. There are a lot of exercises in that book that involve envisioning energy surrounding your chakras in various ways that I am finding to be very powerful. It is written for women, although of course men will find the exercises useful too.

I look forward to having some of you join me in reading the One Degree Revolution in February.

XO

Meryl Davids Landau
author of the award-winning mindfulness/yoga women's novel Warrior Won

message 2: by BettyBolero (new)

BettyBolero | 4 comments I would love a free book and will try to participate in group discussions.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 2 comments Love love love Coby! Would love a free copy! Fingers are crossed that I get lucky 🍀

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily at Reaching While Rooted (reachingwhilerooted) | 1 comments So true that minor changes make for big results! Would love a chance at winning a copy

message 5: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 1 comments Likewise would love a free copy and am excited for the discussion!

message 6: by Serenity (new) - added it

Serenity | 6 comments I would like to win a free copy too.

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin (karinb) | 1 comments What a great giveaway! I’d love a copy!

message 8: by Tania (new)

Tania Almeida | 1 comments How nice! I'd love to participate!

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (strangeproblem) | 18 comments I’m probably going to download this but not until payday. Looking forward to reading it.

message 10: by Dana (new) - added it

Dana | 2 comments I just started reading that chakra book and am very excited about the exercises. I would be over the moon to join in on this group discussion for February and explore this new book that appears to complement the chakra book. Best of luck to everyone. Much love and light. 🙏💗✨

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 808 comments Mod
Ok, I just used an online random number generator between 2 and 10 (because 10 people responded and I'd be number 1!) and it came out as 4 and 7. So that means Emily and Karin are the winners of the book One Degree Revolution (assuming you both live in the US).

Please message me here with your mailing address.

Everyone else, I hope you'll still join us in reading this interesting book. I'll post prompts in mid-February for the first half of the book, the remainder before the end of the month. But you should feel free to jump into the discussion at any time, even if it's later.

Have a great day, all!
Meryl Davids Landau

message 12: by Dana (new) - added it

Dana | 2 comments Congratulations to the winners! This looks like a great book.