Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Short Stories

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (last edited Jan 24, 2020 08:55AM) (new)

Adriana Locke (adrianalocke) | 4 comments I hope I'm in the right place.

I participated in a project where excerpts of stories were given away for free or a few short stories were put together and given away for free. Someone (a reader, I'm guessing) added these to Goodreads. The stories were never for sale or complete—just tidbits for fun. Is there a way to have them removed? I get asked about them constantly and they were never widely available and never will be. They're confusing to readers and were never books.

Beach Reads
Guilty Pleasures
Men in Power
Going to the Chapel
Meet Cute
(These are the titles of them.)

Thank you.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments To clarify, how were they available? Were they posted online somewhere? Did you have to sign up for a website or newsletter? Etc.

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Locke (adrianalocke) | 4 comments Emily wrote: "To clarify, how were they available? Were they posted online somewhere? Did you have to sign up for a website or newsletter? Etc."

They were on a website but they were only given away via BookFunnel and you were required to sign up for a newsletter to get them. They were available from 60-90 days only as a cross-promotional tool.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments Thanks for the information. We would not consider those as books for Goodreads purposes. It will take time but I will go through them and delete them.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments If someone adds those or other books again that you notice, feel free to post in this group again.

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Locke (adrianalocke) | 4 comments You are the best!! Thank you SO very much!

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Locke (adrianalocke) | 4 comments Emily wrote: "If someone adds those or other books again that you notice, feel free to post in this group again."

I missed one: Game of Love.

Thank you SO VERY MUCH. :)