Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > [Poll Ballot] Bossypants - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by forsanolim (new)

forsanolim | 481 comments Tina Fey talks about her life from early in her career, doing improv at Chicago's Second City, through her time at SNL and into 30 Rock. I listened to the audiobook (which Fey read herself), which I absolutely think was the best way to go about "experiencing" this book.

I really first became aware of Tina Fey's work through her performances on SNL, especially her playing Palin during the 2008 campaign, so perhaps unsurprisingly that was my favorite portion of the book. (The audiobook also includes the audio of the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin and Amy Poehler/Hillary Clinton joint speech sketch--in general, the audiobook was in many ways a real performance, not just a reading aloud [a few sound effects were added, for instance, and various self-references to the book were changed to make sense in the audiobook].) I also found Fey's documenting of her experience as a woman in comedy--from pretty overt sexism at Second City to the backlash she received for being "mean" to Palin--a really interesting part of the book as well.

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments If I ever reread this it will definitely be on audio!!