Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8) Rialto discussion

Buddy Read - Anna, Christelle, Josy, Karen, Simone & Shile

Comments Showing 1-50 of 350 (350 new)    post a comment »
Β« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Karen and I've brought a friend...

description

Shile Hi my lovelies. Karen thanks for the gift. 😍

Simone Hi ladies! And hello Gorgeous! *waggles eyebrows*

I hope you had a nice day so far. :) I'll be back in twenty minutes, but to answer your email, Karen, Anne did write a short email and she'll join us, but Christelle wanted to pass on this BR already for the tentative date two weeks ago and it looks like she won't make it this weekend, either. :(

I'll be back soon with a coffee in hand! ;-)

Josy Hi, ladies :)

I hope you are all good and are excited for our first BR in ages! At least it feels like it's been a long time since we did one.

I'm here and ready whenever you are!
Are you going to start with the short story or jump right into Rialto?

Karen Simone wrote: "Hi ladies! And hello Gorgeous! *waggles eyebrows*

I hope you had a nice day so far. :) I'll be back in twenty minutes, but to answer your email, Karen, Anne did write a short email and she'll join..."

Ok thanks, I think I knew you'd been keeping track of things on this one and would be able to set me straight on which way was up. That was why I just went ahead and opened the thread here for the buddy read.

LIke Josy I just need to know if we're starting with the short story? Or jumping straight into Rialto? I'm ok with either plan.

Simone Hi Josy! *waves*

I would say we start with Rialto and if we have time on Sunday we could still read the short story after. Would that be okay for you?

Simone Oh, and I'm ready whenever you are. :)

Karen Hello!!!! I'm also here and ready to go and starting with Rialto works for me as well.

Josy Simone wrote: "Hi Josy! *waves*

I would say we start with Rialto and if we have time on Sunday we could still read the short story after. Would that be okay for you?"

Hi, to you too :)
I'm fine with whatever you decide to do since I already read the short story when I was reading Fracture and Ignite :D

So we are waiting for Anne, right?

Shile, is your electricity still gone?

Simone Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)

LOL. I've just read the acknowledgments and had to laugh already.... "Miles of duct tape. And so many code names."

Truth! LOL

Karen Simone wrote: "Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)

LOL. I've just read the acknowledgments and had to laugh already.... "Miles of duct tape. And so ..."

Yes, I saw that too and was totally amused by it. I'm so looking forward to this and I get to do this first buddy read on my new e-reader that hubby got me for Christmas. It's a Kobo LIbra and so far I absolutely love it. It's fantastic. The screens a bit bigger than my last e-reader and the lighting on it is just awesome.

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)

LOL. I've just read the acknowledgments and had to laugh already.... "Miles of duc..."

Knowing Shile and her out of this world reading skills, she'll ace it. LOL
I've never had an e-reader other than a Kindle, but that sounds great! :)

Simone I think I'm going to start reading. Slowly. As if that wouldn't be my custom speed anyway. LOL. But I didn't have time for a nap today, so I'm not sure how long I can keep my eyes open and you all will catch up with me in no time. ;-)

message 14: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "I'm so looking forward to this and I get to do this first buddy read on my new e-reader that hubby got me for Christmas...."

YAY for the new e-reader!! I'm glad you like it so much :)

Simone wrote: "Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)..."

Oh yes! Now that you mention it, I remember Shile telling us about it.

message 15: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "I think I'm going to start reading. Slowly. As if that wouldn't be my custom speed anyway. LOL. But I didn't have time for a nap today, so I'm not sure how long I can keep my eyes open and you all ..."

Okay, then I will start reading as well. Hopefully, Anne can join us soon!

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "I think I'm going to start reading. Slowly. As if that wouldn't be my custom speed anyway. LOL. But I didn't have time for a nap today, so I'm not sure how long I can keep my eyes op..."

She's a fast reader as well, so I'm not worried. LOL

Karen Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)

LOL. I've just read the acknowledgments and had to laugh already......."

My first e-reader was actually made by Sony. They got out of the e-reader business a few years ago. I really liked it. I switched to Kobo when I had to replace it because back then Amazon would happily sell me a Kindle but they didn't have amazon.ca and because of the distribution rights they'd sell me an e-reader but not the books to read on it...so, I said screw you and I've only ever owned Kobo e-readers every since...I don't hold a grudge...much πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)

LOL. I've just read the acknowledgments and had to la..."

Okay, that doesn't make any sense... *eye-roll* What's an e-reader for if you can't download books???? Proves how stupid they are. ;-)

Simone Anyone fluent in French, other than Christelle? LOL. Chefs de what now?

message 20: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Anyone fluent in French, other than Christelle? LOL. Chefs de what now?"

LOL! I could google the different terms but for now, I don't think it's too important what each position means exactly. If that changes, I can still google them ;)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Anyone fluent in French, other than Christelle? LOL. Chefs de what now?"

LOL! I could google the different terms but for now, I don't think it's too important what each position mea..."

LOL. I'll just go with the flow... I just hope there won't be a test at the end. ;-)

Karen Simone wrote: "Anyone fluent in French, other than Christelle? LOL. Chefs de what now?"

a whole lot more than cook and what part of that they do depends on their designation. But I agree with Josy, for the most part I think the story's giving enough detail for us.

Shile Hello Simone, Karen and Josy. It is 9.pm now, i am starting.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Yes, i am on double duty, we can say, i am over ambitious. 🀭will be reading them back to back, i hope i will not confuse the two books but the other one is fantasy.

message 24: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "I just hope there won't be a test at the end. ;-)..."

Then I'm screwed, lol 🀣🀣

Shile Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile's on double-duty today. LOL. She has another BR aside from ours if I remember correctly. ;-)

LOL. I've just read the acknowledgments and had to laugh already.... "Miles of duc..."

This is good news. I would live to see how it looks. I hope the reading will be better. 😍

Simone Shile wrote: "Hello Simone, Karen and Josy. It is 9.pm now, i am starting.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Yes, i am on double duty, we can say, i am over ambitious. 🀭will be reading them back to back, i hope i will not confuse the two bo..."

LOL. That would make for a weird review, hehehe, What are you reading with the others?

message 27: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Shile wrote: "Hello Simone, Karen and Josy. It is 9.pm now, i am starting.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Yes, i am on double duty, we can say, i am over ambitious. 🀭will be reading them back to back, i hope i will not confuse the two bo..."

Hi, Shile, and welcome :)
I'm still in chapter 1 so I don't think you will have any trouble catching up :D
Since the books are different sub-genres, I think you will be fine reading both at the same time :)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "I just hope there won't be a test at the end. ;-)..."

Then I'm screwed, lol 🀣🀣"

Yeah, me too. I guess we would have to cheat, then. LOL

Shile Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Hello Simone, Karen and Josy. It is 9.pm now, i am starting.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Yes, i am on double duty, we can say, i am over ambitious. 🀭will be reading them back to back, i hope i will not conf..."

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ I can only imagine. We are reading Greenwode

Simone Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Hello Simone, Karen and Josy. It is 9.pm now, i am starting.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Yes, i am on double duty, we can say, i am over ambitious. 🀭will be reading them back to back, i hope ..."

Ooooh, a take on Robin Hood? I should investigate that later more thoroughly. LOL

message 31: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy 7% I could have done without the reminder of the current political climate in America and that orange a**hole who manged to screw up so many lifes :(

Shile Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: "Shile wrote: "Hello Simone, Karen and Josy. It is 9.pm now, i am starting.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Yes, i am on double duty, we can say, i am over ambitious. 🀭will be reading them back to..."

Yes.. And it's mm.. What a good combo

Shile Josy wrote: "7% I could have done without the reminder of the current political climate in America and that orange a**hole who manged to screw up so many lifes :("

You and me both.... That human has taken us back to the old age... 😑

message 34: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Shile wrote: "You and me both.... That human..."

~hugs~
Is he human, though?

I'm starting chapter 2 (at 7%). I'm eating dinner now but I will continue reading :)

Karen I'm at the end of chapter 1 and can I just say I think there was a little poetic license taken here in regards to how easy it would be to have instigate a police raid on a business on the level that this is at. I'm already more than a little curious to find out who's behind this.

message 36: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "I'm already more than a little curious to find out who's behind this..."

Me, too!! I wonder if it's a new player or someone from their past.

message 37: by Simone (last edited Jan 24, 2020 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simone Karen wrote: "I'm at the end of chapter 1 and can I just say I think there was a little poetic license taken here in regards to how easy it would be to have instigate a police raid on a business on the level tha..."

Josy wrote: "Karen wrote: "I'm already more than a little curious to find out who's behind this..."

Me, too!! I wonder if it's a new player or someone from their past."

Starting chapter 2 as well now.
I think it has something to do with the article in the magazine... Not necessarily someone from the past, but maybe someone jealous enough to destroy something other have what they don't. Maybe? I have no friggin' clue, though. LOL

Shile Josy wrote: "Shile wrote: "You and me both.... That human..."

~hugs~
Is he human, though?

I'm starting chapter 2 (at 7%). I'm eating dinner now but I will continue reading :)"

Human is way too polite..

Shile Karen wrote: "I'm at the end of chapter 1 and can I just say I think there was a little poetic license taken here in regards to how easy it would be to have instigate a police raid on a business on the level tha..."

Yes.. I think that is a set up for the mystery.

Karen We have an up and coming trump-wanna-be here in Canada he's running for or at least he's trying to run for leadership of the conservative party. Ironically it seems that the party is saying...thanks but no thanks. So far this a-hole has tweeted that 'being gay is a choice and therefore he feels that the term LGBTQ should not be recognized and the new one today is that 'pregnancy is not an illness no matter how it happens and therefore 'abortion' is not a medical treatment' and if he becomes prime minister he'll make sure that the cost is never covered by healthcare...I feel that stupidity is very possible a disease and we need to divert healthcare dollars towards finding a cure...just sayin'

message 41: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "We have an up and coming trump-wanna-be here in Canada he's running for or at least he's trying to run for leadership of the conservative party. Ironically it seems that the party is saying...thank..."

OMG.........
He's not related to orange-guy, is he? I pray (and I usually don't pray) that the conservative party and Canadian people have learned from their neighbors and keep this guy far, far away from any position of power!

Simone Karen wrote: "We have an up and coming trump-wanna-be here in Canada he's running for or at least he's trying to run for leadership of the conservative party. Ironically it seems that the party is saying...thank..."

FFS!!! Let's hope that the party will keep saying thanks, but no thanks!!!!! What this world has come to is getting scarier and scarier... I wonder where we will end up someday with a**holes like this and the other one popping up at every corner and even get elected. :(

message 43: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "maybe someone jealous enough to destroy something other have what they don't..."

Yes, I think I've read somewhere that this is part of the plot :)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "maybe someone jealous enough to destroy something other have what they don't..."

Yes, I think I've read somewhere that this is part of the plot :)"

Really? Maybe that was my sub-conscience speaking, then... I've read the blurb, but ages ago, when the book popped up here for the first time. LOL

Shile Karen wrote: "We have an up and coming trump-wanna-be here in Canada he's running for or at least he's trying to run for leadership of the conservative party. Ironically it seems that the party is saying...thank..."

Uggghhh.. Why do these people exist.?😑😀

Simone Bahahaha, can you imagine Snow at a pink, rainbow and unicorn themed wedding???? I soooo would love to see that... ;-)

Shile Simone wrote: " I think it has something to do with the article in the magazine... Not necessarily someone from the past, but maybe someone jealous enough to destroy something other have what they don't. Maybe? "

It might be.. Jealousy is a disease, or some former mentor or competitor who is jealous of Rialto. Or maybe it is an employee 🀭that would be scandalous.

message 48: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Bahahaha, can you imagine Snow at a pink, rainbow and unicorn themed wedding???? I soooo would love to see that... ;-)"

I found a wedding cake for them :D

Simone Shile wrote: "Simone wrote: " I think it has something to do with the article in the magazine... Not necessarily someone from the past, but maybe someone jealous enough to destroy something other have what they ..."

Hmmm, I don't think it's an employee, since they are more like a big family at Rialto, but some sort of competitor could totally be the case. :)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Bahahaha, can you imagine Snow at a pink, rainbow and unicorn themed wedding???? I soooo would love to see that... ;-)"

I found a wedding cake for them :D
"

LMAO! The only think missing would be the unicorn. I think Snow would be thrilled. LOL

Β« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7