What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Girl Who Came Out of the Woods
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA mystery/crime? about a girl who leaves her cult for the first time (possibly to find medication? possibly post apocalyptic) [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sasha | 5 comments I came across this book while doing work experience at Penguin Random House so I know it is definitely one of their books, I would say published in the last 2 or 3 years. I remember talking to someone about it because it had a very beautiful cover - colourful, possibly a photo of a forest/woods. The story is about a girl maybe around the age of 12 who has been brought up in a cult and then for some reason (possibly to get medication) has to leave and discover this whole world that she knew nothing about. Sorry it's not much to go on! p.s. i've searched it on google but can't find it, it is not Lauren Oliver's book 'Delirium'

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Jan 24, 2020 04:57AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1678 comments Running Out of Time was published in 1995 by Simon & Schuster, and the cover doesn't match, but I thought I'd throw it out there because the plot is similar.

message 3: by Racquel (new)

Racquel Kelley | 10 comments Running out of time by Margaret Peterson Haddix?

message 4: by Racquel (new)

Racquel Kelley | 10 comments Never mind, I see someone already mentioned it.

Sasha | 5 comments Thank you for your recommendations but it's not that book as it was published in the past few years x

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 25 comments I wonder if this could be My Life with the Liars? The cover isn't what you're describing, though.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Johnson | 77 comments The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly-Stephanie Oakes? The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes I mean, the cover is not what you describe, but the plot is similar...12 year old girl, cult, has to go out into the world, etc.

Sasha | 5 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "The Girl Who Came Out of the Woods?

Starbird Murphy and the World Outside?"

Yes! It's 'The Girl Who Came Out of the Woods'! Thank you so much :D

Sasha | 5 comments Angela wrote: "The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly-Stephanie Oakes?The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes I mean, the cover is not what you describe, but the plot is similar...12 year old girl, cult, has to..."

I actually came across this one trying to find The Girl Who Came From the Woods and it sounds really good as well

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16249 comments Awesome, glad to help out!