What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Long novel about dead boy, parallel realities/perspectives

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janine (last edited Jan 24, 2020 01:28AM) (new)

Janine Schulz | 1 comments Hi everyone, I saw this book at a bookstore about two years ago and read the first couple of pages. It was a male author, probably 800+ pages (not entirely sure though), there was a map of a town at the beginning of the book. It was soft cover and I think fairly recently released. The book was divided into four (?) sections that were sort of about the same topic but sort of also not... I think in one a boy died, in another he was in a sort of "heaven-like" place; I can't remember the rest. It was NOT 4 3 2 1.
The book might have been in the fantasy section - but also maybe just close to it...

The book started with a woman pushing a pram down a street. The city was divided into poorer and richer quarters. She pushed the pram into a building that might have been under construction.
It was not easy to read - but I can't remember if that was because of the prose as such, or if the protagonists were speaking in a dialect. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Unfortunately, that's all I've got. It's been driving me crazy. I hope someone recognises it :)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Janine, what is the story's (opening) time period and location (country/region/well-known city/small town)?

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments Do you recall anyhting about the cover?