Our Shared Shelf discussion

Announcements > New Moderator: Pam

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (last edited Jan 28, 2020 03:00AM) (new)

Jo (jo_9) | 373 comments Mod
Hi Everyone,
In light of Emma's recent announcement, i'd like to let you know that it is not our intention to let this group die a slow painful death!
With that in mind, you will be pleased to know that Pam has now been appointed as a moderator.

I'm sure most of you know Pam as she has been a member for years and always offers valuable and well thought out opinions.

I'm still going to be around here a little too, so please be rest assured that we intend to keep this group going (as in moderated) - even without Emma's bi-monthly recommendations.

Please help me in welcoming Pam to the moderator team! :)

Thank you,
Jo x

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (katetakate) | 96 comments Hi Jo and Pam! Thank you for your continued dedication to the group - welcome Pam! happy reading and discussing everyone :)

message 3: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (lottikala) | 11 comments Hei Jo and Pam!!

I'm so happy now after reading this announcement! I was really afraid this might be the "slow death" of OSS, but now I'm just relieved :)

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise | 22 comments Ohh this is really cool! 'Cool' seems a weak word for what I feel but I can't find the words haha. I'm really excited!

message 5: by Merve (new)

Merve Yazicioglu | 51 comments Thanks Jo! It is such good news to hear Pam is now a moderator. Pam’s comments were always educative and I hope we can all grow this group with more discussion and new books.

message 6: by Florian (new)

Florian (laughingflow) | 233 comments This is an excellent news!
I'm really happy! 😃
Pam, you'll do a great moderator. I'm sure you'll contribute to a good synergy in the Team!
Also, I'm glad you (Jo) announced the forum won't be unmoderated. That was a huge concern and I hesitated to leave, seeing something amazing fading is not pleasant at all!
I feel really reassured by such post! 😊

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Smart | 351 comments That’s great news! :)

message 8: by Pam (last edited Jan 24, 2020 07:00AM) (new)

Pam | 1091 comments Mod
Thanks everyone! I am so excited to help OUR Shared Self continue its mission as a platform to create conversations around intersectionality, feminism and equal rights.

I'm going to take a little bit of time to discuss with Jo and Team the rules of this new responsibility before I do anything. I don't want to accidentally delete a page or worse!

Until then, stay tuned!

message 9: by Vern, Our Shared Shelf Moderator (new)

Vern Francis (books_baking_brews) | 19 comments Mod
Welcome Pam! Thank you so much for helping out, and I have always enjoyed your comments over the years!

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_catherine) Welcome Pam! This is awesome! Thank you - to both of you!

message 11: by Shana (new)

Shana Kaplan (sek1128) | 93 comments Great to hear that Our Shared Shelf will still be moderated. Thanks Jo. Welcome Pam! :)

message 12: by Billy (new)

Billy (pokemonjesuzzz111111) | 10 comments Dear Jo and Pam!
I feel truly grateful that OSS will still be moderated! Jo thank you very, very, very much for your outstanding work! Welcome Pam for becoming a moderator on the moderator team! Pam I am really looking forward to your work as a moderator on the moderator team! Jo and Pam I am giving my best wishes to each of you!
Love,
Billy
Maine USA

message 13: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Hanakowski (rachaelhanakowski) | 51 comments Glad to hear of the new decision ☺️

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello amazing OSS team, I'm happy to hear that,it's a sign that OSS is still alive !

Thank you Pam to do "the dirty" job!

message 15: by Shana (new)

Shana | 11 comments Thank you for carrying this project forward

message 16: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 80 comments welcome, Pam, and thank you all for keeping the group going.